B50 /BP50 Firmware Version Update 0057-5be7aedf

@optionaltoast no luck. I tried with hdmi cable plugged in. The looping goes on and app does not recognize the device. In fact, earlier when I updated, the hdmi cable was plugged in and still the device bricked. Will have to wait for Mr. Frank to respond after their holidays

Hey everyone. The workaround with the ARC port works for me. I´ve downgraded my B50 back to the 52- firmware and now everything seems to be fixed ( I´m using the optical in port).

2 Likes

@Topher52: Is downgrading possible without problems?

Yes. I dont´ have any problems so far. After inserting the USB device with the 52-firmware, the app recognizes it as a “new” firmware.

1 Like

Thanks @Topher52! I downgraded succesfully to v52 also.
Is there a WORKING v54? :grin:

I too have successfully rolled back to 52!

The process I followed was as follows

1. Download 52 firmware from B50 Firmware Version Update 52-452f344c
  2. Put firmware on a FAT formatted USB drive. I used a very old Lexar JumpDrive 2.0 pro (256MB)
  3. Connect the hdmi cable to the B50 and to a suitable device, I used a Chromebook and a dock.
  4. Once connected the lights on the B50 stop flashing and I was able to select the BT input on the amp by using the volume control once connected via Bluetooth I was able to select USB and I was immediately notified about an available upgrade.
  5. Clicked the upgrade and within seconds B50 was restorted.

Thank you @Topher52 and @arboeh for having the smarts to try the HDMI port! You have made my weekend!

1 Like

No problem. I’m just stubborn and don’t give up easily. :grin:
Btw. the support from Arylic is underground. :-1:

Have you tried it with the other end of the HDMI connected to an output?

Yes @optionaltoast . The other end of the HDMI cable was connected to HDMI arc port of the TV and nothing happened, looping was going on. I tried by leaving the other end free without connecting to any port. Still no luck. I will be trying once again may be today or tomorrow.

Try to connect to PC.

Big thanks to @arboeh @optionaltoast @Topher52 I have successfully rolled back to firmware 52. This is how I did it.
Copied firmware 52 on FAT formatted 4 GB USB.
Connected B50 to PC with HDMI cable. Looping stopped and bluetooth got connected.
Opened Gocontrol app and the new firmware upgrade prompt appeared. Confirmed the prompt and update happened.
Now the firmware is 52.

Hello, just tried to update my b50. Now it is bricked. I tried to fix it with all suggestions described above - no success. Has anybody found something new lately?

Finally I have downgraded back to ver52. In my case HDMI connected to tv was not a solution. Only with PC connected to b50 via HDMI allowed me to install the old firmware.

@optionaltoast @Topher52 @arboeh Just a wild thought. Just as we downgraded from 56 to 52 with B50 connected to a PC or any other device with a HDMI cable, can we try upgrading to 56 with B50 connected to PC with a HDMI cable. @Bleakvin had successfully upgraded to B50. His B50 was connected to HDMI ARC when the update was done. Will it be worth trying. Share your thoughts please.

I have bricked my b50 being connected to TV set via HDMI arc.

@Andrzej_C After downgrading to 52, did you try upgrading to 56 with B50 connected to HDMI ARC? Is that when it bricked again?

No, I did not. I am waiting for Arylic team explaining the issue with ver56.

I think I’ll wait until I get an explanation as to what happened from @zpl1025 before I try again and even then I think I might be very very reluctant

But you’re welcome to try and let us now how it goes :grinning:

Well, I will think if I want to be your hero.