New update causing iTunes Airplay Issues

Hi,

I just updated my Boards to the brand new firmware, but the AirPlay problem still exists.

Joerg

Hi @Joerg

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of nice people to help here :slight_smile:

Can you post more information e.g.
SOURCE - e.g. Music Service, Internet Radio etc.
SINK - Output Device e.g. Arylic S50, MINI, PRO AMP etc.
CONTROL POINT - e.g. 4STREAM App on iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, Another app ? etc.

Kind Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

its exactly the bug described above. I have several Up2Stream Pro V3 and iTunes on a MacBook as the source. The music plays for a second or two and than another second or two silence. Iā€˜m using the current 4Stream app on iOS, but it is not involved at all. Iā€˜m using the firmware published yesterday.

Kind regards,
Joerg

1 Like

Hi Joerg, Please check the firmware version, current released 4.6.328252 have this issue. Thereā€™s a template solution, could have a try.

New update causing iTunes Airplay Issues - DIY Products&Projects / DIY Product Questions - Arylic Forum

Hi Frank,

I have release 4.6.328252.29 installed. A few weeks ago you wrote that you fixed the AirPlay bug and the next release should contain the fix. Therefore the first thing I tried with the new release was AirPlay, but it still did not work. Beside multi-room Spotify and internet radio, multi-room AirPlay was the main reason to buy 5 Up2Stream devices. So I will wait for the next release and hope the best. :wink:

Cheers, Joerg

Hi Frank,

I tried release 4.6.329454.29 now. AirPlay is working on a single device, but not with a multi-room group. Even on the primary device there is no sound when I add a slave device. Iā€™m using MacOs 11.6 together with Apple Music (AKA iTunes) 1.1.6.37. The same happens with a forked-daapd server on Linux, which worked perfectly with firmware release 4.2.9326.27.

Joerg

Hi Joerg, thanks for your feedback. Will check this point.

I have the same problem, but if I wnat to do that upgrade, it does not work: ā€œError: Cannā€™t connect to deviceā€.
Also I cannot use the APIā€™s Arylic Audio HTTP API , because I cannot connect that way to the device.

Why is this update not available over 4Stream App? It would be much easier to upgrade.

Did you fill the right IP? Please check the device IP on app. And also please note the space character, it would affect.

Yes, see image:

Also not even PING is working to the device.
I will check the network againā€¦

@Rene_Zimmerli

What is the IP Address shown in the 4 STREAM APP

Settings >> Speaker Info >> IP.

Wifi or Hard Wired LAN ? If no Ping from Laptop/PC/Mac then can be firewall issue. TCP/IP Ping may not using the same port as the Arylic Device Discovery.

@zpl1025 Frank can you confirm what is the Discovery Protocol used by the 4STREAM APP (e.g. mDNS, SSDP)

Simple Test to rule this out is disable firewall then ping

Hope this helps, Kevin

Thanks, it workes now.
I could update my devices to the latest firmware, it was a local network problem.

Airplay from mac streaming goes on and off ,from iphone it works anny idea

The ā€œFixā€ firmware above is making the Airplay continuous again, BUT it will be out of sync with other AirPlay Devices (tried it on the A30). My A50 still has the buggy version that clips the music in and out. WHEN will this be fixed or can we please have the old firmware back and disabled all automatically installation procedures?

i tried it with this version ,the ampilifer told me he sees the update,he makes it but the issue is the same and in the app the software is the same like before(i was setting to faktory stand before,but no change

Obviously no response from Arylic. I will have one more week of patience, and thereafter I will raise a complain, that the product is no longer working as described when I bought it (that is: broken). This is under the EU regulation, and I was lucky to buy my device in Europe via the Arylic webshops from Germany. I hope other buyers has similar arrangements that will protect them.

Hi TSolak, thanks for your patience, we sure will response. And weā€™re testing the new firmware release now and hope to be ready in this week.