ACPWork bench

Hi am not able to understand the crossover setting on ACP workbench when am connecting the Up2Stream Amp 2.1.

Please suggest on how to work on Crossovers and what’s the default Frequency it’s set to.

A

Hi Akash, welcome to Arylic Forum.

The crossover is not showing in the normal way because of the tool. But, we apply different filters on the output. Normally, we use a high pass filter for the Left/Right channel which is the major stereo output, and use a low pass filter for the Mono channel which is normally used as the subwoofer output. and you could use different frequency for the filters.

And a audio path picture to help understand how the audio flows, the blue blocks could be adjusted in ACP tool.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply.
Let me work on it.

Thanks, I was able to control the crossover the way you suggest.

One more question:
Will it be possible to eliminate the turning potentiometers sound?
I mean the click sound as we turn the volume knob.

A

You could check this topic and customize the default settings over API.

Hi Akash, I am also working on the same one. I have the Up2Stream Amp Stereo version. I was thinking the use left channel for the Tweeter and the right channel for the Sub-woofer. How can you adjust these channels in the ACP tool? Is it possible to do a crossover like this? If yes can you share some tips? Maybe screenshot?

Thank you very much @William_Obrien ! Let me try that out

@Deniz_Kurt did that work?

@Peter_Morrone Hi,

As someone who has just started with DIY projects, I’d like to mention that I’m beginning at the entry level. I definitely need your help, especially as I’m not achieving the desired performance with the woofer.

My initial setup is quite simple. Here’s a brief overview of the equipment I have:

• ND20FB-4 3/4" Neodymium Dome Tweeter
  • Tang Band W3-1876S Subwoofer (detailed screenshot below)
  • Four 2-inch passive radiators
  • Up2Stream Stereo Amplifier

As we discussed, the amplifier is kept in stereo mode, with the right channel directly connected to the Tang Band subwoofer and the left channel to the dome tweeter. I planned the EQ as a virtual crossover, so I did not use a physical crossover to connect it in mono. The enclosure is completely sealed. The goal is to achieve the highest performance in the most compact design possible, within an average volume of 1.5 liters.

Despite following the steps mentioned above in the ACP tool, I am experiencing incredible popping and vibrations from the woofer. When I reduce the wattage, I completely lose output. Could you help me with this project in terms of ACP tools tricks or any other tips :slight_smile:
I want to learN more from you.

I wish I could help but arylic has not been able to get their software to install on my computer… Apparently windows 11 is not working well.!? Hard to imagine. I guess for most it does but I’m not for me.

I see, thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

Hi Deniz, I may have misunderstood your query, but here is my view. If you have connected your L channel to your tweeter then it will be getting all the signal from your L channel from about 400Hz to 20K. Similarly, the woofer will get all the information from the R channel output from 400-20K. To me, that means that both speakers will be driven well beyond their intended frequency range.
I have done what I think you are hoping to achieve, but I by filtering L to suit my tweeter and filtering R to suit my woofer (is that what you mean by a virtual crossover?), but I also use mono, so that the woofer gets all the signal from both channels in the appropriate frequency range, likewise the tweeter gets L and R in its range. Does this help or have I misunderstood your setup?

Hi Deniz, sorry for the slow reply. Can I check that you are using the 2.1 Plate Amp or the 2.1 Amp? I’m not familiar with the 2.1 amp, I have the plate amp, and in that device the mono channel is usually reserved for a sub or low frequency driver, but as you say, it is a mono signal produced from averaging L&R. From what I can gather, there is a low pass filter on the board that rolls that mono output off at about 400 Hz (and this is adjustable, but only over a narrow range). So if you connect all your drivers to the mono output then the higher frequency drivers will receive no signal, effectively.
My system works in mono like you wish to, but I have assigned mono output in ACP and I use the L and R outputs on the board and don’t use the mono output connection on the board at all,. Because I set ACP to process signals as mono, the L channel has exactly the same signal as the R (both of which are the averaged signal of the L and R channels of the recording) and each have a full frequency range 20 Hz -20KHz. What I then do is use ACP to set up a filter on the L channel and roll that off so that it covers the range from 20 - 400 Hz (i.e., a low pass filter) and set up a filter on the R channel as a high pass so that it covers the range from 400 Hz - 20 KHz. I wire the L channel directly to my bass driver ( a 10" Peerless woofer) and I then wire the R channel to a Dayton analogue crossover, which in turn is then wired to a mid driver and a tweeter.
BTW, I received your email on 27 June, but I couldn’t reply directly to it, so I replied to this thread instead.

1 Like

Hi Deniz,

me again. I’m a bit confused what you are trying to achieve.
If you want to drive the amp with both channels and only want to output the left or right channel to both of them. Go to the Audio effect tab in ACP scroll to “Effect list 2” and change “Output mode” as desired.

Side note: most of the time in music, lower freqencies are not different from L or R channel
regards,
Jordy

1 Like

Hi @Kirky,

I am doing exactly as you described. I have a U2S AMP V4 stereo. Just as you said, I designed my system in mono as well, my plan is to have the L and R outputs on the board each have a full frequency range of 20 Hz - 20 KHz. I wired the L channel directly to the woofer, and the R channel to the tweeter and high frequency. I applied different filters for L and R in the ACP tool.

However, just as you mentioned, when I try to set the mono output in the ACP tool, the sound quality drops significantly for some reason. I wonder if I am changing the output in the wrong place. The question I asked was entirely related to this.

As far as I understand, everything is the same, except I am having an issue with the mono output in the ACP tool. Which section did you adjust in the ACP tool?

Hi @j.eeken1 Thank you for your reply. Let me try that out then.

Yes, as J.eeken said, it’s the output feature in ACP that you need. Good luck!

1 Like

Has anyone not been able to run the ACP tool on their computer? I’m on windows 10. When I try to run the program the title card/loading card pops up for a short while, then goes away and the program does not open. I have tried deleting and re-downloading the program and I have tried restarting my computer. Does anyone have a solution?