6-zone multiroom amplifiers using 12 Up2Stream AMP V3's

Hello everyone! This is editor Joy!
Today I am going to share an interesting multiroom project to you. It is made by Martijn from Netherlands!

What is in Martijn mind"I have made two 6-zone multiroom amplifiers using 12 Up2Stream AMP V3’s.
They are mounted in a 19’’ inch rack with an internal ethernet switch and are powering in-ceiling speakers in 12 different rooms. It is working perfectly!

Thank you so much for your wonderful products, incredible value for money!"

Let’s check out the Amazing project:

Thanks for the sharing from Martijn! How do you think with this project? Feel free to leave your comments below to let us know.

See you in next project!

7 Likes

Awesome! look amazing!
Can you share info of the power supply? how many watts each board can get?

2 Likes

@Sim Good question! It is 350W switching power supply which can wire to 3 of our Up2stream Amp V4 amplifier board at once.(if you want to get the maximum 50W X2 output performance.)

2 Likes

Nice One Martijn. Totally Crazy but brilliant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Sim,

Martijn here, creator of this build :slight_smile:
The power supply is a Meanwell SNT HRP 600 24 (24V 650W). It delivers just under 110W per board (I have 6 boards per amp).

2 Likes

Nice project!

2 Likes

Hi @Joy,

Thanks for sharing!

So far the amps are working beautifully! They have plenty of power and sound nice :+1:

I have one annoyance though which I hope you guys at Arylic can fix with a future firmware update:
I’m using these amps in a permanent in-ceiling speaker installation. Some rooms have more than one pair of speakers, so I use the multiroom grouping feature to link the speaker pairs in the same room together as one.
This works great, however after each automatic firmware update or after a power cycle the groups I’ve created are lost and all amps are set individual again. So after each firmware update I have to re-group the speakers everytime. This is very annoying.

Can you provide a future firmware update, so that the user created groups are saved and also remain after updates and power cycles/reboots?

Many thanks!
Martijn

4 Likes

@Martijn , @Joy : whow this looks really professional ! Congrats !

And yes, not loosing the speakers group assignment after power cycle is one of my feature requests as well. Good to know that I am not the only one.

Cheers,
Zimmer

5 Likes

That is an awesome build. I’ve built something similar (to be posted soon) but your build gave me lots of good ideas to add and reminded me that I need to prioritize my cable management. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

@Martijn, thanks for posting your awesome built!
Which power suppy did you use for your integrated switch?

Regards,
Ralf

2 Likes

Great job, it’s a final product and ready for sale! :smiley: The wires are arranged really neat and looks technical and professional. Amazing.

1 Like

@Ralfgr, it’s a Meanwell SNT RS 25 12 :wink:

Thanks for the info! Great stuff! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Martijn very appreciate your nice photos and ideas. I think I choose right project as the first article to start the forum :wink:

Hope you can keep your good work and share more!

Sure, this is a great advice. We do really have this problem currently, will check if we could solve this in the future update.

1 Like

Got it!

1 Like

@Joy Great! That would be fantastic if multiroom groups can be saved permanently :+1:

2 Likes

Cable management absolute quality @Martijn . If you are not already an electrician then you should be one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Joy,

Do you have any update on saving speaker groups? Can it be solved in a firmware update?

Hi @Martijn, it is supposed to save the multi room configuration after power off and on, currently firmware seems have some problem in this, we’ll look into it and find a solution.

2 Likes

Thanks! That would be great :grin: