4stream app no long plays from my NAS

I have Libreelec (Kodi) OS install on mini pc,Libreelec share Samba and upnp perfect for another streamers in the house,Yamaha wxc 50,Sonos amp and Yamaha rn301,i try also with another streamers and all work with Libreelec,i have same problem with just linkplay a31 device no mater what app i was using 4 stream,august,audiocast,audiopro…i try them all with august w320,Arylic amp, and Nedis SPWI5500GY with combination of different firmware’s but in last 3 years never works for me,also there’s a lot of firmware’s change in Libreelec platform…also i try using Hifi cast app for android to send them music but same problem with skipping songs without playing them.with new app and firmware says that “no music select”

Unfortunately, the only way I see to push music from my Synology NAS is with their DS Audio app. I would then have to connect to the S50+ by bluetooth from my iphone. This doesn’t work due to the short distance needed for bluetooth.

I hope this 4stream/ S50+ bug gets fixed quickly.

@mitchel674 there is another way to PUSH from Audio Station, The arylic should show up as an available streaming device (DLNA renderer). No BT involved. I can send instruction links but things work slightly differently depending on Music Controller. So Questions ?

Audio Station Controller - UI - Android app, iOS app, Web Browser (on Mac, Windows or Linux) or something else ?

Is the S50+ on Wifi WLAN or Physical Cable = LAN Port ?

Kevin

@Viktor1212 Victor,

Let’s start with the Arylic AMP.

• What model ?
  • Connected to Router by Wifi (WLAN) or Hard Wired to LAN port ?

Kevin

P.S. I used Libreelec (Before Kodi) many years ago for Video Displays in Art Installations with RPI. I have no idea what it looks like now but it certainly did the job at the time :slight_smile:

Please send instructions. I am on iOS and can use the Synology DS Audio app. my S50+ is on Wifi WLAN not a physical cable.

Hi,amp is up2stream 2.0 v3 amp(modul) mostly connected in wifi but remember that i sometimes i connected other linkplay a31 device with lan but with same issue,i don’t believe it’s Arylic problem,linkplay a31 modul on another 3 device act the same with new and old firmware’s,i try it all variants,also on mini pc i have another ready hard drive with openelec older variant of libreelec but always i have same problem ,i suspect that linkplay device don’t recognize file codec of kodi like audio file or something like that(tag),maybe see it like video file and make conflict… Thanks.

Hi @mitchel674,

I could send instructions but on reflection it is essentially Airplay from iOS so you should see Arylic Device as a “sink” for Airplay.

However I thought you would be more interested that I have no problem to PULL music from My Synology via Arylic APP. Home Music Share shows up fine with latest Firmware .

I don’t what could have changed but I do know Security Updates from Routers, NAS Drives, and Equipment could possibly close down previously open Communications (Particularly with WLAN).

A good test is to use LAN port with cable (just to find out what is going on). That will certainly clearly the Router & Arylic Comms from a Firewall point of view. However the Synology NAS has it’s own Firewall Configuration (even with Hard Wired LAN), it’s quit strict that way for obvious reasons :slightly_smiling_face:

I would suggest freeing up all Firewalls and see if you’re 4STREAM can see you Music Server. Then close them down and configure to suit.

Hope this helps, Kevin

P.S. FYI VE-Server is a Synology ds214play.

Good point from OP Mitchell bringing this up, I totally did not bring the update in relation to the NAS disappearing from My Music. My NAS supports DLNA/UPnP and SMB, is still visible from another streamer, but no longer for my S50Pro+.
Something definitively seems broken now.

Don’t know whether this is new, but if I play FLAC’s from a locally inserted USB stick, I sometimes have hick-ups.

@RvdOever @mitchel674

Welcome to the forum Rodney.

Been listening to NAS Server on Arylic MINI & PRO. Whilst it seems to work OK(ish) BUT the gap between tracks is longer than it used to be and sometimes it hangs up for me. So I need to push NEXT track to get some sound.

I have an S50+ so I will test that soon as well and report back.

Regards, Kevin

Kevin, it’s good that the 4stream app “sees” your NAS, but have you actually tried playing music from the app? My screen shots look just like your images, but when I try to play any music from the NAS through the app, they will not play. Any song I select just drops to the last song on the album with no music played.

This 4stream app is now broken and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

@mitchel674

Yes it plays playlists on NAS ok(ish). However I experienced the problem you describe playing a playlist from Amazon Music on IOS app with iPad.

With my android phone the same playlist was fine.

Need to test more but totally agree there is something no quite right here.

Regards, Kevin

Oh by the way are you playing Albums NOT playlist ? Will check that side of things as I have only been launching playlists recently :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes. Unable to play albums from the 4stream app off my synology nas.

Thanks to your excellent advice, I am now able to play stored music on my NAS by streaming to my S50+ through the Synology DS Audio app.

1 Like

To follow-up on my previous post:

• Since the firmware upgrade my UPnP/DLNA supporting NAS is no longer visible in the 4Stream App on an older Samsung A3 Android 7.0 phone. I can however using HiFi Cast to browse the NAS and play content from there. So it’s not a connectivity issue (like a local firewall, or WiFi Client Isolation).
  • But on my Samsung S10, Android 12 device using the 4Stream App the NAS is visible, I can browse and play music.
  • Also have no issues with playing content from my NAS using the Cambridge StreamMagic App.

So I realized the browsing is not performed by the S50+ itself but by the 4Stream App, which then commands the S50+ to actually play the content files from the folder.
Phones and S50+ are connected to the same SSID, advertisedby my Asus AP with SSD disk server as NAS.

I totally don’t get why one phone doesn’t see the NAS in the 4Stream App and my other phone does. Anyone any ideas?

Yes it’s clearly a weird one you have here. Agree if HiFi Cast reads the Server Library then the DLNA Server is discoverable on the phone.

Yes I would say this is correct. The Phone is the Control Point. I tried to explain what I understood in this post No music when link Rooms together - #10 by NWT.Stuff

Definitely clutching at straws here. Have you tried uninstalling the 4STREAM APP and reinstalling ?

Sorry not got anything else to suggest !! Good Luck :slight_smile:

Have to apologize here, was able to fix the problem. Turns out a disk indexing related problem causing the dlna server daemon to stop running. The weird thing was that it gradually started falling apart, completely setting me on the wrong foot. So no issue with the S50+ and UPnP/DLNA streaming!

1 Like

Sounds promising! I will check when I get home tonight and report back.

Important thing is that it is fixed :+1:

Fixed!! 4stream app now works normally again playing music from my NAS. Much appreciated!!

What was the issue in your case then?

@RvdOever I started this thread. The 4stream app suddenly stopped playing music from my Synology NAS after the most recent s50 pro firmware update.

1 Like