4stream app no long plays from my NAS

Yes. Unable to play albums from the 4stream app off my synology nas.

Thanks to your excellent advice, I am now able to play stored music on my NAS by streaming to my S50+ through the Synology DS Audio app.

1 Like

To follow-up on my previous post:

• Since the firmware upgrade my UPnP/DLNA supporting NAS is no longer visible in the 4Stream App on an older Samsung A3 Android 7.0 phone. I can however using HiFi Cast to browse the NAS and play content from there. So it’s not a connectivity issue (like a local firewall, or WiFi Client Isolation).
  • But on my Samsung S10, Android 12 device using the 4Stream App the NAS is visible, I can browse and play music.
  • Also have no issues with playing content from my NAS using the Cambridge StreamMagic App.

So I realized the browsing is not performed by the S50+ itself but by the 4Stream App, which then commands the S50+ to actually play the content files from the folder.
Phones and S50+ are connected to the same SSID, advertisedby my Asus AP with SSD disk server as NAS.

I totally don’t get why one phone doesn’t see the NAS in the 4Stream App and my other phone does. Anyone any ideas?

Yes it’s clearly a weird one you have here. Agree if HiFi Cast reads the Server Library then the DLNA Server is discoverable on the phone.

Yes I would say this is correct. The Phone is the Control Point. I tried to explain what I understood in this post No music when link Rooms together - #10 by NWT.Stuff

Definitely clutching at straws here. Have you tried uninstalling the 4STREAM APP and reinstalling ?

Sorry not got anything else to suggest !! Good Luck :slight_smile:

Have to apologize here, was able to fix the problem. Turns out a disk indexing related problem causing the dlna server daemon to stop running. The weird thing was that it gradually started falling apart, completely setting me on the wrong foot. So no issue with the S50+ and UPnP/DLNA streaming!

1 Like

Sounds promising! I will check when I get home tonight and report back.

Important thing is that it is fixed :+1:

Fixed!! 4stream app now works normally again playing music from my NAS. Much appreciated!!

What was the issue in your case then?

@RvdOever I started this thread. The 4stream app suddenly stopped playing music from my Synology NAS after the most recent s50 pro firmware update.

1 Like