Searching for: Volume control button that connects with Arylic Up2Stream

@KolfMAKER

I will find the drawings that explain this this evening. I am not even sure that Arylic can do this even !!! Maybe it’s a Linkplay Thing.

It is actually possible with Multiple TCP/IP Connections to all Arylic Devices in a LAN/WLAN. This would require quite a lot more Software (unless @zpl1025 can suggest a workaround). For me this would be too complicated for our Prototype V1.

Knob Prototype V1 proposal.

• Pair with Single Arylic Device
  • Volume Control of This Device will be controlled (Independently of whether The device is a Multiroom Slave or Master.

Does this clear things up ?

Kevin

Technically, the ESP32 can do almost everything the APP can do, but as Kevin said, it will be a bit complicated. And for a knob without a display, it’s even harder. For example, to control the multiroom volume, how do I know which room I’m tuning with this knob?
For the first prototype, I suggest to control the volume of paired device only, and if this device is grouped as a master, we can control the volume of gouped device either, that’s enough. and this can be done with the HTTP API.

1 Like

I like this set up with volume control of the master in a group. It seems similar to how the app works on my phone and would be applicable to my use situation.

I can imagine the challenge to get an ‘assigned’ connection between the volume knob and the right Aylic device. In my case I have 2 to 6 speakers, all set up as stereo sets. But frequently grouped together.

Let’s not make it too difficult for our MVP, and target for a minimal setup of speakers. I think we should be able to control the volume of 2 speakers, grouped as a stereo set. This would be logical, because stereo (so 2 speakers as a set) would be normal. So we have to find a way to control the group volume for two speakers.

For the future it would be great to configure/connect/assign the volume knob from the 4Stream App.

@KolfMAKER @Hydro3 @zpl1025

Request for Master Volume acknowledged. However would suggest for Prototype V2.

Request for a stereo set with 2 Minis (so 2 x IP Adresses 1 for Left, 1 for Right) acknowledged. However would suggest for Prototype V2.

I know that is the functionality that is personally useful to you both and of course many other users. At this stage I will be happy if I can mute & unmute 1 device and adjust the Volume :joy:

I can assure you that your requests are nothing more than additional software and will not affect the Hardware Selection , Input Unit & Output Unit. I am happy to rebadge a V0 Prototype. The hard bit is getting the UPnP/DLNA Comms right and reliable. After that Stereo Sets and Master Volume could be easy(ish). I will reflect your input in the FDS and include a bit about the complexity of managing Master Volume. Basically it looks on the 4STREAM APP that a Master Volume Command Exists; however it is managed internally in the LinkPlay devices and I can’t see an obvious way in right now.

P.S. @KolfMAKER can confirm that there is something not quite right with the Multiroom Volume Control right now. If I created Software to replicate the existing “issues” that would have no benefit to anyone :thinking:

Subsequently I have a proposal for PROTOTYPE V0

Oh and MCU is ESP32 ( DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1)

Good to go ?

Kevin

For sure Ernst seems logical from a user point of view but again I am not sure what Arylic can and cannot do with 4STREAM as it is based on a Linkplay “standard” platform. Frank @zpl1025 ?

Realistically a “Responsive Web Browser” could be a solution. I have always “hated” to some extent APPS which will be different on Android, iOS, Windows, etc. etc. Responsive Web Browser for Configuration would be my chosen route as works on, my Android Phone, my iPad, Windows Laptop & Debian RPI’s.

But then again I am a weird person that likes to mix and match :joy: :joy:

And by the way you are forgetting about all the DLNA users of our KNOB. There will think 4STREAM means we are talking about rivers :joy:

I think this sounds like a good prototype and the materials seems like they will get the prototype pretty far along towards what a product could do.

1 Like

Agree.

Agree.

To my information from Arylic, this issue is going to be solved in a next firmware update and release.

1 Like

Perfect!

1 Like

@Hydro3 @KolfMAKER @zpl1025

OK, Should have all the Hardware for early next week; so I would hope to do something the following weekend. Will update the Full FDS and keep you informed of Progress.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

@NWT.Stuff @zpl1025 @Hydro3

That’s great Kevin, curious to see and hear more!

I have made a first impression of a possible casing design. As said it has the form factor of an Apple TV. I have put the ANO control button in based on its true dimensions. And I have marked two positions for control LED’s.

Don’t take it to serious, because the design should be done much later when we know more about the configuration of hardware, how it can be packed, etc. So this is just a first idea.

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-04 om 12.52.21

1 Like

Capture d’écran 2021-12-04 à 18.20.45
Nice no ?

1 Like

Thanks very much for your suggestion DiyAudio!

The ANO controls have a very nice way to control volume. Like the older iPods you can circle your finger over the outside ring and move volume up & down.

@KolfMAKER

I really like the form and the size of your proposal. It should also be able to house a reasonable amount of hardware and a decent battery :slight_smile:

I also very much favour the use of “micro” leds which ultimately do look a lot better than larger ones. :slight_smile:

As a first idea I would say excellent :clap: :clap: :+1:

Thnx @NWT.Stuff Kevin.

Yes, the size should be good/ And the height can still be adjusted.
I must say, due to the size of the ANO control button, a little bit smaller case (less than the 10cm length and width) would look better. Because the size of the ANO button and the case are in better balance with each other.
But this is of later concern. Let’s first see where we go with the first steps of this exciting project.
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Prototype V0 - Wiring Diagram & Pin Assignment

Wiring Doesn’t work - see future posts

:muscle:t2:

cool!

@KolfMAKER @Hydro3 @Hydro3

Moving Forwards I am Proposing a “Prototype Board” Layout that will helps us

• Change MCU (towards a more production version)
  • Throw in any Input or Out Device for Evaluation
  • Measure the Power Consumption so we can estimate Battery Size and Typical Consumption of Hardware options.

It won’t be compact or approach “Final Product” dimensions but should give us ultimate flexibility at this stage of the Project.

Let me know what you think and will be easy to implement (as this is how I approach my personal Home Automation Projects :slightly_smiling_face:)

Regards, Kevin