Searching for: Volume control button that connects with Arylic Up2Stream

Capture d’écran 2021-12-04 Ă  18.20.45
Nice no ?

1 Like

Thanks very much for your suggestion DiyAudio!

The ANO controls have a very nice way to control volume. Like the older iPods you can circle your finger over the outside ring and move volume up & down.

@KolfMAKER

I really like the form and the size of your proposal. It should also be able to house a reasonable amount of hardware and a decent battery :slight_smile:

I also very much favour the use of “micro” leds which ultimately do look a lot better than larger ones. :slight_smile:

As a first idea I would say excellent :clap: :clap: :+1:

Thnx @NWT.Stuff Kevin.

Yes, the size should be good/ And the height can still be adjusted.
I must say, due to the size of the ANO control button, a little bit smaller case (less than the 10cm length and width) would look better. Because the size of the ANO button and the case are in better balance with each other.
But this is of later concern. Let’s first see where we go with the first steps of this exciting project.
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Prototype V0 - Wiring Diagram & Pin Assignment

Wiring Doesn’t work - see future posts

:muscle:t2:

cool!

@KolfMAKER @Hydro3 @Hydro3

Moving Forwards I am Proposing a “Prototype Board” Layout that will helps us

• Change MCU (towards a more production version)
  • Throw in any Input or Out Device for Evaluation
  • Measure the Power Consumption so we can estimate Battery Size and Typical Consumption of Hardware options.

It won’t be compact or approach “Final Product” dimensions but should give us ultimate flexibility at this stage of the Project.

Let me know what you think and will be easy to implement (as this is how I approach my personal Home Automation Projects :slightly_smiling_face:)

Regards, Kevin

:+1:t3:

I think, you do the right things for the right reasons.

1 Like

Update with Compatibility Testing of

With

Objective : A Quick test of Digital Button Inputs.

Serial_Report_DI

All Inputs working fine. Easy stuff done. later for the Rotary Encoder & Comms to Arylic Device :slight_smile:

P.S. I have deleted wiring diagram from previous post. Needed to shift the DI +1 PIN.

:+1:t2:
Great!

1 Like

Looking good Kevin. Let me know if you need help with anything.

1 Like

@KolfMAKER @Hydro3 @zpl1025

Escaped to Spain successfully. Ready for building

Spain, nice. That probably helps inspiration.
Things are getting real now. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ernst thanks for reaching out to Donny, would be nice to get him on board :slight_smile:

Brief Progress Update - Basic Wiring Done

A nice little Surprise. It seems the ANO Input Device is pretty reliable in 45 degree positions e.g. 45 degrees between up and right. With this press I get both up and right inputs simultaneously. So this opens up the table for future functional additions.

And of course now for the bittersweet news. I have to attack the tricky bit now - the communications ESP32 <<> >Arylic (using UPnP/DLNA) :crossed_fingers:

If I don’t post before Xmas hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas, Kevin

1 Like

We are now at the stages of ‘things getting real’!
:+1:t3:

I certainly haven’t forgotten about our Project. I have been busy fixing things out here so no time to play with the interesting stuff :cry:

The Hardware is there; I just need 1 day to design and 1 day to make some code. I am hopeful for next week (back in UK) so let’s say if there is no progress by 22nd January please chase and tell me off :joy:

btw, don’t worry it’s going to work a treat :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Kevin

1 Like

Perfect & no pressure! :wink:

Any contact with our additional team member, Donny?

Hi Kevin, I have a new idea for this product. It has some limits but should be more simple for end user.
The Up2Stream V3 series and some models which support BLE assisted network configuration, it also has BLE interface for the controlling, and since you’re using the ESP platform, it has BLE integrated, so you could use this interface. You also can try to test with a BLE tool. It would be ideal for this project.

Service UUID:
0x00,0xb2,0x45,0x6d,0x49,0xf7,0x10,0x84,0xeb,0x11,0x54,0x49,0x4F,0x4B,0x41,0x52

Character UUID:
0x01,0xb2,0x45,0x6d,0x49,0xf7,0x10,0x84,0xeb,0x11,0x54,0x49,0x4F,0x4B,0x41,0x52

Protocol:
3 bytes, HEADER+TYPE+CODE

HEADER: fixed 0x41

TYPE: 0x01 for short press, 0x02 for long press

CODE:

POWER FACTORY_RESET 0xBF
LED_TOGGLE N/A 0xB2
MUTE N/A 0xBE
SRC_USB N/A 0xB3
SRC_AUX N/A 0xEE
VOL_UP VOL_UP2 0xE9
VOL_DW VOL_DW2 0xE5
PREV WIFI_PREV_CH 0xAE
NEXT WIFI_NEXT_CH 0xAF
PLAY_PAUSE STOP 0xEC
SRC_OPT N/A 0xEF
SRC_BT WIFI_RESET 0xE7
SRC_WIFI WIFI_RESET 0xE6
BASS_UP_COARSE N/A 0xB1
BASS_DW_COARSE N/A 0xB5
TREB_UP_COARSE N/A 0xF2
TREB_DW_COARSE N/A 0xF6
EQ_FLAT EQ_FLAT 0xF3
VB N/A 0xF7
NUM_1 WIFI_PRESET1 0xB9
NUM_2 WIFI_PRESET2 0xFA
NUM_3 WIFI_PRESET3 0xFB
NUM_4 WIFI_PRESET4 0xBD
NUM_5 WIFI_PRESET5 0xFE
NUM_6 WIFI_PRESET6 0xFF

For example: send 0x41,0x02,0xE9 to send VOL_UP key, and it will increase the volume.

2 Likes

@zpl1025 Frank,

This looks interesting. As we say in English “another way to skin the cat” :slight_smile:

I’ll add the details you posted to the functional specification and we can review when Prototype V1 is up and running. I will continue with DLNA-UPnP for this stage as that it what we agreed. If I fail to make it work I might change my mind :joy:

Moving forwards there can certainly be the same Hardware platform with 2 Firmware variants

1. DLNA/UPnP - works with any DLNA Compliant Device (For a fixed basic functionality)
  2. BLE Interface - works with Arylic and could have a configurable functionality)

Kind Regards, Kevin