Looking for wireless solution for 2 speakers

I was looking at your DIY mono amplifiers. I have two high end speakers that each require their own amplifier because I cannot use cables in between both speakers. So the solution I am looking for is a mono bluetooth receiver and amplifier for each speaker that is powerful enough to support high end speakers. Then I need a bluetooth base station where I can connect my devices to (phone or alexa) that sends a stereo signal through both mono channels. How do I do that?

Hi Edwin and welcome to the forum.
There have been other forum members that have tried what you are proposing, latency seems to be the major issue.
Here is a link to one thread that might be of interest to you. Using 2 UpToStream Amp Mono for left & right speakers

Hi @Steve1,

Just joined up to have some similar questions.

From the Arylic DIY range. Do you know if its possible to make 2 wireless passive speakers and use with the HD dac board wireless? or is the latency as you mention a problem with that solution? :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I don’t think you could use the Up2Stream HD DAC for what you are proposing.

1 Like

@zpl1025 Frank, have you any updates on what is happening with TWS?
Wouldn’t it be a solution for those who want to build wireless stereo speakers?
Steve

Roger, and thanks!

OK, i just recently looked into going DIY after picked up some vintage stuff, that’s to beautiful to not bring to life again :smiley:

Fell over Arylic on amazon etc and with all the wireless multi-room branding my head put together that it would be possible somehow in the software to connect etc as a wireless speaker.

What would you recommend of the Arylic DIY - PCBA? If i have no dac or reciver yet and what to build a DAC/receiver station as well as upgrading the old passive speakers? Wireless would just be a nice factor and not necessary needed more the multi-room features :slight_smile:

Cheers mate. Hope it`s okay with some questions! Here is a teaser of the speakers i found hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

So all you have is the speakers so far - yes? And wired connections are ok?
You could go the pre-built ready to use a A30+ or A50+, or go DIY and build a Mini, Pro or HD board into a receiver or amp?
Or maybe a Up2Stream amp stereo into a home built enclosure?

Any of the above is a good starting point, you can always add to it to make it multi-room.

Cheers,
Steve

So all you have is the speakers so far - yes?

Yes all i have is the passive speakers but more pairs of different sizes on the picture is the Beovox 3000 60 W. I have as well a set of 2 BEOVOX 800, passiv, 10 W etc.

And wired connections are ok?

A wired pair would be fine!

You could go the pre-built ready to use a A30+ or A50+, or go DIY and build a Mini, Pro or HD board into a receiver or amp?
Or maybe a Up2Stream amp stereo into a home built enclosure?

I wanna go the home built enclosure way :slight_smile:

the grand goal is. I have a beomaster2000 i wanna use a main hub for all multi-room devices with the
wired pair of passive speakers!

Any of the above is a good starting point, you can always add to it to make it multi-room.

Cool. So to go full DIY route as i am looking on the PCBA’s would be to install a:
Up2Stream Amp - Multiroom Wireless Streaming Stereo Amplifier Board in each pair of passive speakers and use the: Up2Stream HD DAC - Airplay 2 High-Res Wireless aptx HD Audio Streaming Board(No Amp) in the receiver station ( beomaster2000 ) ? :pray:

Cheers mate. Thanks.

PS. And @Edwin_Jongsma sorry bumping in your post. Interested to hear if you come by a wireless speaker pair solution! :slight_smile:

We’re working on a board support to broadcast stereo audio over BLE (a private protocol, not the coming new LEAudio), it has great latency for synchronized playback, and also have a relatively not too bad delay when working with external input. It’s still in designing and need some time to be available.

1 Like

Thanks Frank, look forward to seeing it. :+1:
Just wondering if it will be retrofittable (add on) to existing boards?
Steve

Thanks for all the responses. Frank keep us up to date please, thx.

Hi, use an Up2Stream AMPV4/mono in each speaker. Then you can configure them with the 4stream amp so one plays the left and the other the right from a single bluetooth or wifi stream.

Ok will investigate

Hi Skprz,

Did you mean 2stream, I cannot find 4stream. I understand that you can use 2stream for a multi speaker setup in multiple rooms… But that’s not stereo and apparently as per the previous thread there can be a synchronization issue. Which is not an issue in a multi room setup. Do you have stereo sound?

The app is 4STREAM, here’s a link to the iOS version. ‎4STREAM on the App Store

You set one channel to left and the other to right and you get stereo. I did not observe latency between the two.

Hope this helps

@spkrz works like a charm I got 2 DIY amplifiers configured to mono and I used 4STREAM to split the channels.

1 Like

Nice! :+1:

1 Like