Using 2 UpToStream Amp Mono for left & right speakers

Hi,
I have the project to use 2 mono amp in order to connect the left speaker to an amp and the right speaker to the 2nd one. The goal being to build 2 active speakers without cables in between.

so, it means that:

• I should be able to configure one board to send only the left channel, the other one only the right channel. Is it feasible with the ACP Workbench?
  • as it is for a single room, there should be no audible delay between the 2 speakers. One being master, I wonder if there is latency for the slave (is there a clock synch through wifi?)
    I ask because I saw in the comments of the board a person mentionning a kind of surround effect with such type of configuration. May be due to a micro delay?

thanks for guidance.

Hi, there’s no clock sync in master and slave, so the WIFI multiroom feature is actually not suitable for this case. There’s an unpredictable minor delay between master and slaves. This delay is not noticed in multiroom, but it would cause phase issue when used as stereo system when two speakers are close.

1 Like

Thanks, this is what I was suspecting.

I was looking to see if I could do that with 2 of the new 2.1 plate amplifiers, one for the left speaker and one for the right speaker.
Is there any update on this?

Eh, for wifi connection, the audio syncing is really a challenge. You might use this feature for sub woofer as it’s not that sensitive. But not suitable for stereo system and I see no chance to improve.

Hi, any news about TWS?

You still remember the TWS feature :slight_smile: I’ll try to find a time to look into the codes again.

YES,
i AM HARDLY WAITING FOR IT TO BE FINISHED

Hi, it is now some time later. :slight_smile: I like to use the 2 x Up2Stream amp mono for Left and another for right.
Just as described " Experience the powerful 100W output with a 4ohm speaker at 24V, or build a 200W high power stereo system with two Up2stream Amp Mono units. Enjoy the high quality and striking powerful stereo sound."

Can you provide update? Any experiences with this?
Many Thanks, Olaf