Firmware Upgrade 4.6.415145.35 - S50 Pro+ May. 06. 2022

To all of you that are asking about how to implement the update. I was able to do it by just hard wiring to my network through the ethernet port. It started updating on its own.

1 Like

Good call. I think mine is bricked though. Fn pos

Our devices are already updated and wont boot up, we need to downgrade or have fix, so the problem is not that we can’t update, but that the update brokes some devices.

1 Like

…this is really unbelievable! After the update, the device is dead, the red LED flashes and it is no longer responsive, neither via WiFi nor via LAN. Very annoyed.

Thanks Joy, I sent data as you suggested and update showed up today. After update everything is working fine.

I have tested and tested: If I switch off the S50pro+ with the remote control and I switch it on again with the remote control, it does not boot afterwards. However, if I leave the device switched on and disconnect it from the power (pull the power supply or use a switchable socket), the device is then later available again. So the workaround is the following:

• Connect the device to the PC via USB to USB
  • Switch on the device with the remote control
  • disconnect from USB (without switching it off with the remote control first)
  • Plug in the standard power supply again
  • listen to music and then later disconnect from power ONLY (do NOT switch off with remote control)
  • when you want to use the device again, connect it to the power supply again

So you can use the device at least until we get a new FW from Arylic. Put the remote control so long best in the drawer and operate the device only with the app and a switchable socket…

I update this firmware but unsuccessful , finally S50 pro+ now can’t power on , how to solve it ?

Sorry for all the mess…. We have checked with 10 devices in office but unfortunately did not get the issue that can’t power on. I’m not sure for what’s happening but will stop the ota first until we get the reason.

No change with plug off the power and plug in the power. Still stuck on the loading screen

Hi,did you try to install beta firmware from this forum manually to see if the problem will be fix?from diagnosis that you test i understand that the device Wake up from sleep only via power from usb,like remote sensor on device not have power and won’t take comand for bootup in sleep (off) mode,and he remember only last mode,if it’s off after you connect power supply it’s again off, won’t automatically turn on,but if he boot from usb he can take power from power supply after you disconnected usb.you can try with beta firmware that you can download from this forum.
Regards
Viktor

Hello, first of all: I really appreciate that we get FW updates, so I was very happy about “gapless”. Unfortunately, this time it is so that the S50Pro+ after the update can not bring themselves back to life. I do not really want to experiment around, I want to listen to music in the little free time I have.
I have now, as described (see workaround) via USB connection found a way to bring the device back to life and get it online (I only turn it off via a switchable socket and no longer with the remote) and waiting for a FIX.
Disassembling and reassembling the unit is very time consuming as I have all the cables routed accurately behind the cabinet so I want to avoid having to carry it around again to connect it to the PC. I really hope that we will receive a fix or the previous FW so that we can flash it manually via the web interface. I don’t want to flash a beta FW so that I can get regular OTA updates later. Thanks in advance!

…you need first to connect it via USB to USB to the PC. The red LED will light up normal and the device will boot up after you’ve it switched on via remote. Then you need to disconnect it cold by unplugging it from the USB-port. The device remembers this last state and after that you can use the standard power supply again. From now on, don’t switch it on/off via remote.

I will flash the last officially working FW but no experiments with Beta-FW. Hopefully I can get a link were I can dowload it.

Today also got some notification for new firmware update
I did & now seems working ok

Hi, can I get a link for the last working officially FW, please? Thanks a lot in advance!

One minor issue I had was my subscription service Amazon Music failed to recognize my player and the App knew it had connected before so it wasn’t asking to connect.

I uninstalled the 4Stream App and reinstalled. The app proceeded to ask if I wanted to connect to Amazon and all was fine.

I did however get a text from Amazon stating that an unidentified player was attempting to use my account with the same IP address.

I did give permission to Amazon at that point.

All is working well for me now.

Could you try to reset factory on APP when you feed power from USB and see if it could recover.
We have tested more devices and still no issue found for the OTA, and also reviewed the codes and no obvious reason for this. I believe it must not be a common issue. And we decided to continue to push the OTA updates.
We’re very sorry for the rare condition you’ve faced, please request for a RMA replacement, we could then analyze the device when it’s arrived our office.
@Hulle @Den @tungtung88 @Denislav_Popov @Swami

Can you at least share previous build file to try and revert back to older version? Also this could be related to this from the changelog

1. Add extra IR code for power on and power off

As after all we tried we get to the point that when you try to turn on the device with the remote, then it enters this mode where is stuck.

Hi Frank, I have a second S50pro+ in the garden shed. I will do the OTAs here this afternoon and see if it behaves the same way.

Regarding the other device: Can we get a link for the Friday update (28) and for the Saturday update (34)? Then we can try to perform the updates again. After *.28 everything was fine, only after *.34 the problem occurred.

Hello Frank,
I kept trying during the lunch break and I have good news and bad news, the good: the second device passed the OTA without any problems and behaves normally.
The bad: The other device cannot be brought back to life, not even via app and/or hard reset. Once it is powered down, I have a flashing red LED. I unzipped and flashed a downgrade (available here in the forum, Airplay-Fix, a31rakoit_uImage_4.6.329454-20210915-180644.zip). Even with this downgrade the device does not turn on normally again. After I reconnected it via USB and started it, the OTA update to *.34 is offered and was performed. Unfortunately no improvement, the device can not be switched on again after disconnecting it from the power. I then have to reconnect it via USB and bring it into the operating state via remote control and then switch it off hard to be able to operate it again with the standard power supply. So I’m putting the remote back aside and running the unit with switchable power until the RMA arrives (I’ll apply)… It looks like the *.34 update has harmed this device.
Hopefully I will not get any problems because I changed the look of the device…:wink: