Firmware Upgrade 4.6.337862

Hi @Dmitry

It is good that you are looking for a solution to have the pre-sets 1-10 on the IR Remote Control.

I am not a developer; just a user with a dangerous amount of information :joy:

In theory such a modification is actually simpler than you suggest (I am totally ignoring the effort from Software Engineers to implement it).

Firstly did you know that Presets 1-10 can be populated with other things than radio stations ? examples are NAS Drive playlist, Spotify Playlist, Amazon Music Playlist, USB Drive Playlist etc.

So for your idea of Preset + 1 or Preset -1 with << >> actually works with the command set preset. For example in httpapi this is the command MCUKeyShortClick:n where n is the integer value 1 -10 (Pre-set Number).

So there is no need for a conditional statement (If in RADIO-NETWORK Mode) as the pre-set command will always take priority.

Check out this topic Control Knob Project where we did demonstrate the function you are suggesting BUT with a separate piece of hardware NOT the IR Remote Control :cry:

Hope the information is useful, Kevin

Thank you Kevin for information. Did not consider this.

Hello, not sure if this is a right place to ask this, but here goes. Is there possibilty to modify digital outputs to support high res in Aryllic S50 Pro? Or is there a limitation in HW?

Hi,

I am encountering a problem with my A50+ with firmware 4.2.9326.31. I am using the current 4stream App in iphone and android.

• Spotify connect stops playing after a few seconds
  • the A50+ CANNOT be combined with my S10 (firmware 4.6.337862.29

Are these issues caused by different firmware of A50+ and S10? When I check the app, it does not say the A50+ firmware needs updating.

Anyone here has the same issue? What could be the problem?

Thanks!

Hi wdl88.
If you mean the problem of synchronization, then everything is fine with me in the same configuration.

Hi dmitry,

Yes problem of synchronization / combining zones. What version is your A50+ is on?

Would you know what’s causing the problem in my case?

Thanks

A50+ version 4.6.337862.30 (update not offered)
S10 version 4.6.337862.29 (update not offered)
Try resetting both devices to factory settings or one at a time (triple quick press Reset button).

My A50+ firmware is 4.2.9326.31. Upon checking there is no available update on the App.
How did you get your A50+ firmware to 4.6.337862.30 ?

Just in the application there was an offer to update.
Try uninstalling the app and installing again.

It doesn’t work
I have the same issues

I think the last person who can help is Joy or zpl1025.

Hi, could you send me the detailed device information with this API, http://device_ip/httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx (remember to replace the device_ip with real IP)

For those having issues upgrading automatically, make sure your internet service provider allows access to http://ota.rakoit.com. I live in the UK and didn’t see an upgrade notification until I added the url to my safe website list

HI
No there is no way improving the digital outputs.
Yes, there is a HW limitiation, the Arylic boards are using the LInkplay Wifi A31 core board, which is driven by a clock generated by the MCU/DAC mian board which THW has a poor Quartz reference clock. The actual rate is 44.1kHz/16bits. (it’s mentionned on the Arylic user quick guide). So all streams up to 192/24bits are downsampled either from the source directly (Upnp protocol enables handshake between the source and the receiver to adapt transfer rates) or at the receiving end to comply with the fixed I2S & DAC rate. Moreover, 44.1kHz and 48kHz do not have a common division factor, the trade off will be an interpolation resampling with a quality highly depending on the clocks precision. So far with the couple of 10’s of Euros the Arylic boards are sold one can not expect much more. As far as I know, in the same DYI philosophy, only cloud yx products use the more recent A98 board from Linkplay allowing real HR steaming/restitution, with 5Ghz WiFi, although the amp side will be limited to 20kHz, hense not High Res…(CD BW specs). I do not mention Bluetooth as it’s complete nonsense to pretend to get genuine HighRes audio via BT whatever the standard as the transfer rate is by design targeting low BW use.
Cheers
Nobu

2 Likes

oups it reads BTW not THW… :blush:

How does URL Play & Preset List work on the Web Player. Is there any documentation of how to operate this

UPDATE: I didn’t notice, Arylic released a new High Res board…! according to the specs, with real access to HD Audio digital outputs… They also shield the RF/WIfi Module which should reduce potential noise problems (clicks, close preamps/amps…). Promising!

1 Like

This is what I’m looking for too, at least b) and c).

Also my most important one: support for Youtube Music

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for a great product, I have a suggestion which regards to the online radio in the webplayer, I have added a station to my private list, and liked the fact that one can assign besides location and language also an image. unfortunately there is nothing foreseen to display “now playing” meta-data, I hardly know anything about coding, But I know that it is possible, for example VLC can somehow encode title and artist info.

A solution could be to allow the image field to contain a webpage, or use an existing embed player.

the radiochannel I’m playing for example has its player here: Radio 1 Classics - Radioplayer
the AAC track is here: http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/radio1_classics.aac
“Now playing” info is then fed through this IFRAME: VRT Radioplayer Frame

Apologies if this was asked already, I am just lazy and did not read the entire above discussion.
Thanks