Firmware Upgrade 4.2.9326.26

The WIFI module on Up2Stream AMP V2 should be upgraded. But because it’s a different platform with V3/V4, so some features are not included.

Hello!

Would you make those changes in user manual which comes with devices?

BR
Sandris

Hi!

Is this available as HTTPAPI or only UART?

This is non-http API, you need to send the commands over TCP/UART/ACPWorkbench. I’ll prepare the API documents together for better reference.

1 Like

So I’m not sure if this is related to the new firmware update or something else is going on but I’ve never had any problems before and my 2.1 amp and subwoofer system are super glitchy now. It upgraded when I was out of town and now I’m having constant dropouts the app is slow and and the latency is terrible. Any ideas?

It would be nice to have a “Shutdown Button” to Power off the Amp remotely (Naturely with “Do you really want to shutdown?” Question

Idle and shutdown status seems to be nearly the same (exept a LED on the board emitting light while idle).
In both cases my Up2Stream 2.1 takes around 70mA current.
Just stop playback, wait 15 seconds and it falls asleep

I mean a real Shutdown, Power off and everything. At the Moment, even the Big USB Port is under Power when shutoff via Button (and my connected RasPi will not be Powered off)

There should be a difference. Some devices with the same chipset as Arylic (from other brands) do shut down everything completely including network connection. The only way to do anything after that is to go to the device and press physically the button to turn it on. Pretty bad…

This might have to do with waking the system up again.

If you want to play/stream music, the Arylic module needs a Wake-on-LAN signal. If the Arylic is not in stand-by/idle, such signal is not recognized, and it can’t start up. Also, for a user it means, it takes a while before the system has started again and is able to stream music.

Of course, technically it is possible to use a remote and shut off completely, but I think Arylic made a choice to have Wake-on-LAN possible at all times.

I work a lot with active speakers that have internal amplifiers. With those I have a separated power supply for the amplifier and for the Arylic module (Mini). This means the Arylic is always on, and the amplifier can switch to stand-by. When the Arylic module starts streaming, the amplifier will wake up form idle.
From the user perspective this means that power usage as quite low, and start of music streaming is always within a second.

2 Likes

For a reliable “power cycle off/on” you could use a relay module

RelayModule

There are plenty of Interface Choices too.

• Wifi
  • RF 433 MHz
  • Hard wired to RPI, Arduino, etc. etc.
1 Like

Is the standby key part of the ADC key? If so, what kind of resistor do I use for the standby key, I’m having trouble finding it in the manual.