Doubts about S10 device, listen to a Pen USB, pair a Bluetooth Device with Arylic S10

Hi,

I have installed yesterday my Arylic S10, but i don’t know how to listen to the musics stored on a USB pen connected to the S10, If I go to My Audio, the mp3 files I found is the ones I have on my phone, and I have only the options Line In and Bluetooth to Listen music, There is no USB Devices, should I need to format my USB pen with come different characteristics?

I don’t know either how to pair a external bluetooth column with Arylic, If I choose Bluetooth, there is nothing to be able to pair an external device (The Arylic S10 is already connected to my phone with Bluetooth.

I would like to know also if someone use Youtube Music as a streamer source, because is the one I use most, but it was not listed by default stream player?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards to all.

Turn Bluetooth off on your phone then the Arylic device will be free to accept additional pairing. I guess it’s the usual first come first served for the connection once you have more than 1 device paired.

Thanks for trying to help me. I already turned ofd the Bluetooth on my phone, but how can I say which device the Aryclic should connect to, it didn’t appear any list of available devices to pair, and I want to pair it to a bluetooth speakers that are ready to pair, but my TV also have Bluetooth, and the light on the Arylic is blue…

My device is starting to became worst then on the begining, I can’t play the mp3 on the pen USB connect to it, and now when I listem to the mp3 on my phone after about 5 minutes it switches to Bluetooth!!!

Good stuff

The Acylic devices aren’t using the Bluetooth as Transmitters its for capturing Audio Data only;
The Wifi is for receiving Data from your Server, Amazon, Tidal, as is the ethernet.
On the S10 the only output device is the Line Out for sending the signal to an AMP all others are input devices.

if you want to connect bluetooth speakers its your output than needs to be connected to a bluetooth transmitter.

Basically The S10 only takes in Audio Digital Data via wifi, ethernet, bluetooth, usb and converts it to Analog for feeding an amplifier ( or Bluetooth Transmitter).

The USB is limited to a certain number of songs, so if you have too many songs on the USB this may be a problem 1000 songs limited.

i hope this helps; personally i think this is a great device; it does a lot for the money.
you have to spend a lot more to get anything else that does as much as the S10

Hi, you can get Youtube playing through the S10 to an amplifier or bluetooth transmitter.

if you have an Iphone you can use Airplay to send the Audio to the S10.

I am not sure what audio output you have the S10 connected to?

the S10 is a pre-amp device and needs to be connected to an Amplifier or bluetooth transmitter.

Thanks @C3pored for clarifing the 1st question of the Bluetooth.

Now I don’t know is because after about 5 minutes of playng the mp3 files on my phone, the S10 disconnect from my phone as start blinking the Bluetooth blue light. It’s near the S10…

Yesterday when I configured it, it seems everyting its ok.

is it an Iphone?
you can Airplay your phones Mp3 files,
Also switch of the phones bluetooth connection to the S10 .
you can switch to WIFI on the S10 by pressing the WIFI button on the remote control (White led is on when WIFI is Active).

Bluetooth is a direct connection between devices and doesn’t use a router and only communicates the music playing at the moment, one way communication.

Currently your Phones Mp3 files are seen via the wifi; which allows the S10 sees your MP3 files structure something it cant do with bluetooth.

phone-wifi-Router- S10 (by Ethernet or Wifi); this is a much more sophisticated two way communications

It’s an Android.

it is connected by ethernet to my router, but I tought that the S10 bluetooth was also an input way.
I use Deezer, Spotify, Internet Radio with no problem.
The only problem is that today I notice that it switches to bluetooth after a while when I’m using my mp3 files on the phone.
And the USB pen only have 120GB and about 820 songs, I have formated it now and copy again all the files, I thing that there is no problem that I have one folder by albun.

I going to test it now.

@C3pored,

When I insert the USB pen it blinks, but then on then on 4STREAM I onli have Line In and Bluetooth, no USB Device.

And the pne have 50 folders and 784 Files (only 5,2 GB).

I made i quick format on windows maybe I must try format with NTFS and FAT32 to see if there is any difference, I think now it is with FAT32.

I saw the videos to put MusicBee and Foobar streaming with UPNP protocol, but when I launch the 4stream they dind’t appear also.
And i didn’t forgot to press the wifi button of the remote control.
But I can see the one of my router, which have 2 usb entries, but neither find also some music on the usb pens.

I think I will opne a ticket on banggood, buut they will askme to make a video showing the problem, which is very complicated to do.

I didn’t find is no youtube video from streaming Youtube music from the PC to the S10 device.

Hi are you using a laptop or other computer for the S10 to access over the wifi/ethernet?

The S10 should be able to see any music files that are marked for sharing in your laptop/pc.

I have quite a few laptops with music files on them and the S10 finds them without any issue.
I also have a music server that i built myself (basically a small pc running linux and using squeezbox(vortexbox) program) it also has Plex software as an addon and the S10 sees both Vortexbox and the Plex (even though its the same pc) as they are two DNLA access points.

If i were you i would try the following;

1. use a small 8gb or smaller usb drive with a couple of Mp3, Flac, wav files on it.
    it could be the pendrive you are using and see if S10 finds the smaller pendrive.

2. if you have more than one pc/laptop; can you see the laptops music folder from the pc and can you play a music file from the laptop on your PC.
    this would prove that you have file sharing open UPNP/DNLA. If you cant see the the opposite PC/Laptops music folders, this is where your problem is and you will need to give the laptop/pc sharing permission for the music folder.

3. did you say that the S10 sees your music on your phone? it should be in the ‘My Music’ section of your phone app and you should be able to select some music to send to the S10 to play. That would prove that the S10 is receiving music files over the network and that if your not seeing your pc/laptop files its a permissions issue.

4. using Foobar there is also good instructions on the Arylic web site to connecting your pc by usb and playing music by Foobar.

out of interest what is your output plugged into , is it a small speaker or full hifi setup?
i’ve got mine plugged into a headphone amp.

Hi;
Ive just experimented with a couple of USB pendrives and it didnt like the 125gb but played the 16, 8,and 4 gb sticks ok ( the all had the same music files on them)

1 Like

you can now get Airplay on Android see below:
Add Airplay to your Android Phone)

1 Like

Thanks for your help @C3pored it wass very apreciate.

I’m using a laptop and trying to disable the firewall to see if I can connect with the laptop over UPNP/DNLA.

I’m going also see if I have a pen or USB card and adaptor with 8GB. but for a device like S10 limit it to a few GB was not a good ideia.

If you can help me to found some video explain how to listen a music with youtube music player please share with me, because I like a lot music.youtube.com (it also have the lyrics of some songs).

Thanks

Hi, Did you try getting the Airplay app for Android that was mentioned previously.

Try that and when you play your YouTube music you touch the icon for airplay, it looks like a TV on a triangle. This will bring up a list of devices in your home you can share too.
Usually your TV is listed if its a Smart TV but also listed will be your S10 (under the name you gave it or the default name). you should have a choice of Airplay or Bluetooth(if phone/S10 connected)

Hi I already installed the app AirMusic, and yes I saw the the symbol of webcast, since my smart TV is an android TV.

But I prefer to use my Laptop to stream to the Arylic. I also bought an MP3 og 8GB, but I should bought in Portugal, because it will take sometime to arrive to Portugal.
I already see also the foobar on “Home Music Share” created a playlist on my laptop, but I need to have more time to explore it.

It will be nice if there was a AirPlay windows free application.

I will give you news as i have time to explore better the connection between the laptop.

Thank you @C3pored for all the help, it has been very helpfull.

I saw this site @C3pored AirServer Universal - The Most Advanced AirPlay, Miracast and Google Cast receiver for Windows PC but it seems they have some problem with the download that don’t start…

Hi @C3pored,

I return to the S10 again and I have almost everything running.
I bought AirParrot3, It didn’t display nothing on the available devices to stream, but if I put the IP address of my TV I can share the screen on it, and I have the TV connected to the Bose system and it’s almost OK.
The problem is that if I put the IP of the S10 it doesn’t connect. Do you know why? The S10 should be in wi-fi mode right?

Maybe be I’m streaming the PC with chromecast, and not AirPlay, because my TV have a chromecast built-in.

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Hi,
I’m a bit unclear at what your trying to do here with the TV and Bose system.

The S10 is a Receiver Only, it accepts wifi, bluetooth, usb and network musical inputs but outputs the music only by 3.5mm jack for physically connecting to an amplifier or other Audio input.

if you want to use your laptop for Youtube Music, use a USB cable (the S10 will draw its power from the laptop). You then can either use the S10 3.5 mm output direct to an amp or connect the 3.5mm output to a bluetooth transmitter(very cheap on amazon).

I have just purchased a 3rd S10 as i find them incredibly useful as multiple room music sources all controlled via the Arylic Phone app which is very user friendly allowing you to switch music sources, control volume, pause and play plus other useful functions.

i mostly use Amazon Music and my own DNLA Music server but all of them are physically connected to Amplifiers by the 3.5 mm jack

I think you are trying to get the S10 to retransmit your music by Wifi or Bluetooth, it cannot do this its only a receiver.

I hope this helps

C3pored

1 Like