Beta Firmware And Beta App Test Invitation

Hi

UpdateTool mini tutorial

Greetings

2 Likes

Hello. updated all 3 devices. 2 pcs Acrylic A50 and one Amp2.1. everything works fine. there is an improvement in management. But: 1. Foobar2000 began to work very badly from the computer. the music just stops and the playback speed changes. all devices are connected via LAN 1Gb / s. This has never happened on the old firmware. How do I return an old firmware version? or fix bugs in the new beta version. 2. There is a lack of an indicator and an on / off switch. super BASS "from the app.

Hi… TYSM…!!!
I’ll try …:crossed_fingers:t2:
Maurizio

Hi Yoggi,

Just checked, this version did not include the new API, sorry about that. It has been implemented but seems not merged to the releasing branch. Btw, we added 3 new APIs to better handle the playlist with httpapi.

1, httpapi.asp?command=setPlayerCmd:m3u:play:URL
To send a M3U link, and it will be then parsed and create a playlist for playback. supported M3U tags:
#EXTM3U m3u header, must be in the first line
#EXTURL:URL URL for coverart, placed before the music link
#EXTINF:N,ARTIST - TITLE Meta info, placed before the music link
URL music link, relative to m3u or absolute,

example:
#EXTM3U
#EXTURL:http://192.168.0.2/test/cover.jpg
#EXTINF:1,P!nk - Just give me a reason
Just Give Me A Reason.mp3

2, httpapi.asp?command=GetTrackNumber
To query track number of current playing playlist, will return a number.

3, httpapi.asp?command=setPlayerCmd:playindex:N
To play the selected track in current playlist, N is start from 1, and if N exceed the number of tracks, it will play the last track.

Done…!!!
TYVM

Hi Steve,

Can you submit a feedback in app when the skipping problem happens when playing Pandora? So we can check what’s going on.

ENG: I wonder if it is possible to transfer sound from YouTube to Acrylic? (by the same analogy as it is transferred from Spotify to Acrylic).

RUS: Интересно, а есть возможность передать звук из YouTube на Acrylic? ( по такой же самой аналогии как это передают из Spotify в Acrylic)

You Tube is owned by Google who have created streaming protocol let’s call it “GoogleCast”, so it would not seem to be possible to replicate the Spotify connect approach (for now). I am sure Arylic can tell us where things are heading in the future. However not a simple playing field :frowning_face:

You can always use you tube on the device you are using and connect via bluetooth to the Acrylic Device. It’s not the perfect solution for sound quality and reliability but if the experience is good for you then it is a “functional option”.

Hope this helps. Kevin

ENG: Using Bluetooth to connect YouTube and Acrylic is not the best option. the connection quality is very poor. the house is big and every time you move from room to room, you lose connection. It is very uncomfortable.

there is a second question: How to connect Android phone (Xiaomi 9pro) to transfer all sound to Acrylic using WiFi or local LAN ??

in my case 6 pieces of Acrylic are used throughout the house in different rooms. all Acrylic are connected via LAN LAN cable.
physically, the devices are in different rooms. Look at the photo:

RUS: Использовать Bluetooth для соединения YouTube и Acrylic - это не самый лучший вариант. качество соединения очень плохое . дом большой и каждый раз переходя из комнаты в комнату теряется связь. это очень не удобно.

есть второй вопрос: Как подключить Android phone (Xiaomi 9pro) для передачи всего звука к Acrylic используя WiFi либо локальную LAN ??

в моём случае используется 6 штук Acrylic по всему дому в разных комнатах. все Acrylic соеденены через LAN кабель локальной сети.
физически устройства стоят в разных комнатах. смотри фото:

1 Like

Agreed. Total non starter if you want multiroom. !

The only solution I am aware of is AirAudio/AirMusic app.

Not used it myself as I am not a fan of “rooting” my devices.

Regards, Kevin

Hello!
Try connect to mobile hotspot, but after connection Spotify didn’t see device.
When try connect 2nd device give connection errors and couldn’t connect it.
Have devices with fimware 27 and 26. Mobile phone which try Galaxy A51.

BR
Sandris

I am using the app for a few weeks now. My phone is not rooted. If you have Android 10 and upwards, it doesn’t have to be rooted.
You can test it for a few minutes for free. It’s worth to take a look at it and try.
There is also a Win PC program that can do it too. It’s called “TuneBlade” and is for free as long as you don’t use it with Apple products. So using it with Up2stream is for free.

Regards,
Jordy

2 Likes

@j.eeken1 . Thanks for the suggestions. Will look into them for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Sandris, This is a known issue, and should be the Spotify App does not consider the condition that the devices are connected to phone hotspot. You could store your favorites playlist to preset (10 at most) in WiFi connection at home, and then play via preset when connected to hotspot (most likely outdoor).

Hello Joy,
hello all happy arylic users.
I managed to update with this beta on a Mini V3- One glitch I had. In browser from within the update tool the firmare file was not to see. I had to maually cop paste the path inclusive the filename to the browser. Now I see 4.6.9724.26 as Version.
I will report my experiances with that firmware.
Thanks for let me try out!
biky

In Beta version if I go to speaker settings-EQ, I didn’t see Words ‘BASS’ ‘TREBLE’.

When changing mode from spotify to internet radio couldn’t choose my cantry when push didn’t react, for example Latvia must choose Local.
When change radio stations it is slower than Alpha version.

How can I get a code to test the app on iOS?

Nevermind, I didn’t understand that you have to open the link on your device.

1 Like

@Joy Thank you.

I have tested the beta firmware on 3 different devices:

• S50 PRO
  • A50
  • Up2Stream_AMP3

“Turn off WIFI after connecting Ethernet” doesn’t work on S50 and A50.

With beta version of 4Stream app for iOS, i noticed an inability to play music files from my NAS.
Ιn the previous stable version everything worked normally…
From my PC with Foobar2000 and UPnP MediaRenderer Output add on, works perfectly.
“firmware”: “4.6.9724”