Wishlist

Well according to latest POE spec, type 4 can supply up to 71Watts to a powered device, so plenty of power for a speaker, or pair even.

Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia

High network reliability, low latency (multiroom syncing), and ample power, all in one cable. One could build some amazing wall-mounted, powered speakers. :smiley:

Hereā€™s a video of a 21" display powered by POE. The spec and capability has come a long way.

POE is for devices that don`t consume lots of power. A standing HQ amplifier consumes a lot of Power! As you can see in Grade A Amplifiers!

I have a wish for a 4Stream desktop App

A 4Stream Desktop App
I would like to have a 4Stream desktop App additional to the 4Stream smartphone/tablet App. Installation, configuring and managing the Up2Stream devices would be very handy to do on a desktop. A smartphone or tablet does have its limitations in quickly working in such App environment.

Cloud management of Up2Stream devices
I have built several projects with Arylic products for family and friends. Several of them at rather large distance. When someone calls with a problem, its very hard to understand what is going on. Being able to look to the devices remotely, would be fantastic. In the IoT/smart home market, it is very common to be able to manage devices this way.

Web-based App
I would also prefer to be able to handle such App via a web browser. Speaking for myself, I only work with Mac, so a Windows App is unusable for me. But anyhow a Web-based App, can run on any computer in any browser.

• YES, I support to have 4Stream as Web-based desktop App with cloud connection to the devices
  • NO, I do not support to have 4Stream as Web-based desktop App with cloud connection to the devices

0 voters

2 Likes

I really like the idea for a desktop app, too. And I have to dislike, when it comes to Web-Apps. One solution to build it cross platform is using Flutter. It results in native apps for all three major desktop platforms.

1 Like

To help my friends and family on their mobile devices remotely I use Team Viewer. Both iOS and Android have a Team Viewer Quick Support App. I have used the iOS app much but the Android works smoothly for me.

1 Like

I have clicked the YES box however it is mainly for the Desktop App (platform to be determined).

Regarding the Cloud Connection I donā€™t really see the need for it to be Integrated into the Desktop Music App. I would say itā€™s more of a ā€œRemote Supportā€ Functionality which doesnā€™t really have anything to do with playing music. Nice to have but my personal point of view would be to keep this separate.

Regards Kevin - Struggling very hard to stay OFF CLOUD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Kevin!

Are you able to change settings in the 4Stream App of someone else, via TeamViewer QuickSupport?

I agree Kevin. The Desktop Music and Remote Support App should be kept seperately.

My attention mainly goes to remote management of Up2Stream devices.
For a desktop music App, I do not see added value. There are already many of them available.

Ernst, you can indeed control ā€œeverythingā€ on the mobile device:

The name of the track is a coincidence :slight_smile:

And I guess it is a ā€œDesktopā€ APP if the phone belongs to you :hushed:

So I guess you have TeamViewer QuickSupport on the remote iPhone, and TeamViewer desktop on your Windows/Mac PC? (I guess the screenshot above is TeamViewer desktop on Mac).
Cause I have tried to set up a remote session this way, and as soon as I have a connection, I get the message that the connection will be closed within 1 minute.

Is that because I need a paid license? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ernst,

It works perfect for me (Free and no limitations) however I am using mainly Windows and Android Phones & Tablets and has worked well for many years.

It used to work on iOS (last used maybe 3-4 years ago so things might have changed. I will test with my iPad and get back to you.

I am pretty sure the limitation here might be in iOS. I think the Desktop (Windows & Mac) are pretty much identical.

Regards, Kevin

Agreed!

There arenā€™t many streamers that actually OUTPUT 24/192, nearly all can stream it but, limit the output to 24/96 at best (BTW, Chromecast Audio for $35 can output 24/96). I donā€™t know if the jump to 192 cost that much more and I also realize that there is not that much content at that resolution but, whoā€™s to say that there wonā€™t be more down the road?

USB is limited to 1200 songs.
Could you increase this value ? Thanks