wireless speaker 2 way with up2stream Pro v3

I created this 2 ways wireless speaker slotted port as a DIY high res audio system
Thanks to
Resonado
purifi
Troels Gravesen troels.gravesen@hotmail.com
I will post soonest a picture of the project

limitation
The Arylic product is the best one even better than you can find on professional systems except the DSP that permit only to drive 2 ways and not a 3 ways system

Also the powersupply of the module should be different from the amplifier one as it push a continu signal in the drivers when you switch on the system

an lcd display could be also a good point to have to select the sources

on the way a proof of concept to be a serious concurrent to Devialet phantom
planned to use purifi 8’ in a ripole and spike speak tweeter for the amplifier this time a module from my design an hybride class A and D
Of course i will try the new arylic 24 bit module

Hi there,

How did the project go ? did you have the chance to complete it ?

What were the challenges ? Would you do it again ?

Some photos please

Thanks

Michael

On the 4-pin port right next to the 7-pin, there are two GPIO (general purpose I/O?) pins, and I was wondering if these can be DSP’ed into frequency bands from one of the input channels.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think only the Mini and the Pro can be DSP programed, not the HD. Mini and Pro have 24/96 A/D capability (so we could stream in up to that resolution of FLAC), but their onboard D/A is not up to that level of performance. The DAC board should do the job.

So on your 2-way speaker project, adding a DAC board to your Pro may be the way to up the sound quality, instead of switching to a HD board.

Correction, Mini and Pro should have 24/192 A/D capability.

Just to clarify, The mini and Pro can decode 24bit/192khz but the 12S is limited to 16bit/44.1KHz.
From my own experience, yes adding a DAC board does improve the sound but don’t expect audiophile quality.
Jack J4 contains 3.3v, ground and two connections to IC U6 (BP1064A2) GPIO pins B0 & B1, this is currently programmed to provide an external volume control.
I would be interested in knowing how you get on reprogramming this.

I too would like to know the answer to this question - or any external means, gpio or API - to alter the DSP filters. I suspect the capability exists since within the ACPworkbench tool you can do A/B(C/D/…) comparisons of different filters which seems to be done in real time. In other words, the sound is not disturbed when making the A/B switch suggesting to me that an alternate set of parameters are stashed away somewhere with the MVSilicon DSP chip.

(edit)
Under announcements of new firmware features/enhancements on this forum, there is mention of the possibility to change the equalization settings.

In ACPworkbench you save the settings under a group number 1-6. Then you can recall or reload that group by one of two means: 1) Long pressing the ADC-Key Num1 - Num4, or 2) Pressing (long?) the IR remote button labeled 1-6.

I know nothing about any possible “alternate set of parameters are stashed away somewhere with the MVSilicon DSP chip”, but I would be interested in them if you can find them!
However the major issue with most of the Arylic units and boards is the use of the Linkplay A31 module is that it doesn’t perform as well as others from that stable such as the A97 module used in the HD DAC and the Wimi. In my opinion the A31 module will severely hold back any major enhancements you are planning for your unit.

I’m not really planning anything (haven’t come across a use case yet), but just playing around to understand the capabilities.

I just turned on the logging on ACPworkbench and after each switch from A to B to A, I can see that the DSP registers are being reloaded with new parameters from the USB/UART interface. So, no, there are no hidden/cached/shadowed registers that are holding alternate sets of parameters. I’m surprised though that the audio output doesn’t seem to get upset by changing the parameters on the fly. To my ear there isn’t even a brief pause.

Hi
I was blocked by the arylic HD module
1- broken after an upgrade
-no dsp crossover filter
the mini dsp is only running at 48khz for a proce of 250 euro so not a solution

So i did not find a suitable solution
anyone can help