Volume control issue

So, it seems that the last firmware have a problem ?
Could we have an answer from the arylic team to know what to do now because it’s actually unusable like this.

R.B.

It should be a problem, I’ll look into it ASAP.
I can’t catch this problem on my board…
could you check the config with the TCP tool ?
Connect to device with IP, and send MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF& to check the settings, and could send MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:0& to disable it.

ok, so when i send the command, it return “49&” (sound is loud and the fader volume doing nothing, i can just mute the sound, i can see the activity of changing volume on the TCP tool but no effect on the sound)
when i send the command VOF:0& it’s definitively mute the AMP.

what it returned when you send MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF&?
I want to check if it’s caused by this config.

for the rooms that works it returns :
MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:0&

for the room with issu it returns :
MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:49&

After (re)start the amp the command: MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF&
returns MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:49&

MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:0& works and mute the device
MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:10& volume level one step higher
MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOF:20& volume level another step higher
and so on …

Wenn control the volume level via app:
At level 0 the return is:
AXX+SIL+001AXX+MUT+001
AXX+VOL+000
No music is hearable

One Step higher (max loudness again)
AXX+SIL+000AXX+MUT+000
AXX+VOL+003
AXX+MUT+000

Nother Step higher (without effect)
AXX+VOL+006

Nother Step higher (without effect)
AXX+VOL+009

and so on

Btw i think there is no link but at the start of the amp the finish start sound (ding) and the wifi connect sound (connected to your wifi network) is missing :wink:

Just want to chime in that having the exact same problem. Resetting daily to have volume control is not a viable option. Pretty annoyed that a product working perfectly now has an issue that prevents any use at all.

Same problem here although it happened recently. My family members don’t care what causes it, they want a reliable system other than Arylic. Repeatedly fiddling with reboots, factory resets, etc. makes the pleasure of listening to music quickly disappear for non-techies. Semi-automatic updates leave the end user with surprises again and again due to the “improvements” that make a previously functioning system unusable. These beta firmware OTA updates are a constant source of irritation. A Spotify upgrade would be worthwhile, many other fixes are not.

Greetings

Sorry about the mess, and thanks for helping to debug the problem. The issues seems caused by the wrong configs loaded. For example, VOF stands for Fixed VOlume, and it should accept only 0 or 1, or else invalid. The value 49 or 10 is actually not expected. And the settings is supposed to reset while you do factory reset on APP. Might be some bug in firmware or inconsistant flash. I can add extra verification for these settings and remove unexpected values at least.

No problem, I like to help more :slight_smile:

You say: wenn I change the VOF to 1 and send the VOL+ command, it would be work?

I have not tested the VOF 1 setting. Only 0, 10, 20, 49.
But I wonder why VOF in greater steps change my volume in normal amount.

I think the VOL command doesn’t change the volume attribute anyway.

I will check it these afternoon.

Hallo ook hier het volume probleem graag update firmware zo niet kan ik terug naar vorige versie nu kan ik geen gebruik maken van product

so, does someone have some news about this problem ?
R.B.

someone who suffer from this issue want to help testing? I’ve pushed a version for UP2STREAM_AMP_V4 to the alpha server, and you could upgrade with API: http://DEVICE_IP/httpapi.asp?command=SetUpdateServer:http://ota.rakoit.com/alpha remember to replace the DEVICE_IP with real IP of device. And then would show new version on APP.

Can I test it for the Up2Stream Amp Mono too?

OK, this update seems to work for me… let’s wait a few days to see if the issue is not coming back again.
The APP still asking for a new version even after upgrading… is that normal ?

Hi,

it works!
when will be the official version is rolled out?

1 Like

seems to work fine, thanks!

Does this work with the Up2Stream Mini too?

Hello there :grin:

After a long break and big troubles with bugs and disfunctions I’m back.

Unfortunately I have to see, that the Arylic software is still broken. :confused:

Already tried the alpha firmware on my mini v3 boards. The volume is still 0% or 100% in group mode for the group master.
At least the group slaves volume works ok, untill I set the volume slider of master unit to 0% = every group remains dead silent.