Up2Stream Pro V3 FirmWare Update fails

Hello Projecteers, any help would be very useful here…

I have just bought an up2stream pro v3 to add to my project.

On first connect to the app it said that it needed a firmware update, which started normally but then gave a message that it had failed.

From that point it would not connect to the wired network. Connecting via wifi was ok but no option to update firmware.

So using the firmware update tool I connected to the device, downloaded the firmware hit the update button.
Firmware uploading…
Firmware updating…
Then nothing until Update Failed (Percent no increase)!!!

any tips on what I might do next ? Or is my board bricked??

Thanks
Peter

try to reset the device an try it again, there are several discussions about this behavior - unfortunatly arylic doesn’t fix this bug…

Hey ARYLIV - maybee this would be a nice Xmax-present for all users :wink:

Same boat here.

Rebooting does nothing. Pressing the button twice or three times generates a beep but no behaviour change.

I have 2 bricked Pro V3’s now. In both cases, received an update that somehow failed and they never came back.
The “update tool” connects to them over wifi (I haven’t changed my network name nor password and it seems like it still connects to wifi fine, even if the led just flashes rapidly incessantly) sends over the bin file but nothing else ever happens.

The web interface doesn’t move on from asking the admin password, and the app doesn’t even try to install the update, just says there’s a failed update.

ACP Workbench DOES recognize the device, and I could install a firmware update through there, BUT it expects a .mva file that I can’t seem to find anywhere since the firmware update files provided by arylic are .bin

Hi Paul, what’s the exact situation of your bricked boards now? eg:

• Does bluetooth work normally? If the LED is blinking, I suppose it should work.
  • And as you say you could still get the IP of device, and connect with Update Tool. What is the Project and Version