Up2Stream 2.1 Amp with an active Subwoofer?

Hi there!

I am using a Up2Stream 2.1 Amp and running it with 2 passive stereo speakers fairly well.
Now I have an active Subwoofer and wanted to hook it up to the 2.1 Amp but on the small active subwoofer I have ( Fostex PM-SUBmini 2 ) only one Input for a non amplified signal.

Now the question:
Is there a way to use this subwoofer with the subwoofer canal of the 2.1 Amp. Maybe circumevent the amplification somehow or using the DAC Expension board as the .1 canal/subwoofer output configured with ACPWorkbench?!

I really don’t want to scrap the small sub because this thing is awesome and really fits my needs in a small room.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, did you resolve this problem? How? :wink:

A simple speaker level to line level adapter would do the trick. They’re like $10 on Amazon. There’s also plenty of nice small subs with speaker level inputs.

Definitive Technology Prosub 800’s are dirt cheap used with a 300w amp, 8" Subwoofer and 8" passive radiator. Would dig deeper than the fostex and a much better response in the 40hz range than it as well and go lower to boot.

The REL T/7i would also be another nice choice. Both of the above have speaker level inputs. The REL might not be as easy to find used.