Unlink L+R Channels

Hi
The App already has a selection of L, R and L+R on it.
All it needs is someone to write the code to implement what I very politely requested.
There are so many pointless options on the software i paid $20 for it would be good to add this simple useful option/control.
The audio fx and a couple of other bits are just absolutely useless.
It’s also pretty much impossible to work out what some of the functions and controls are.
:smile:

Normal users are always requesting reverb on their amplifiers! haha

my question was not about synchronising or timing or delay.

ACPWORKBENCH isn’t a program written by Arylic, they just sell the license to use it along with other manufacturers.
https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/apworkbench.html

I realise that, but it has nothing to do with enabling a function that is fairly easy, already has controls on the app and would be a lot more useful than some of the pointless features I have come across on the workbench software.
I would rate the software 2 out of 10, it’s not good. I think $20 is an unreasonable cost for this.
All I wanted to do was mono both outputs and adjust input gain on the Line In. I did this but the software is so badly executed it took a long time. During this I noticed all the flab and extras which complicate it and offer no practical usage.

How many users have desperately needed reverb or echo on the outputs?
None I would imagine.

Thanks for the reply though @Steve1 , do you work for Arylic or ACP?
What functions on the board or software do you think are really useful?

Thanks!

@joia can you help me with this please? I am getting no where.
This function is so easy to implement please make it happen!

Oh great, you can get the software free on this link.
PLEASE CAN I HAVE MY $20 BACK PLEASE?
@joia @zpl1025 @zpl @zpl1026

@joia @zpl1025
please can you implement this function.
this is getting very very very frustrating.
don’t want other people to go through this so will start to leave some reviews on your product support.
it is not good

@joia @zpl1025 @zpl @zpl1026
I also want to do this on my A50+
please can you implement ASAP Please

Hi Rich,

I’m not quite understand your requirement. If you mean to adjust L/R volume on APP separately, then it’s not possible, sorry.
And if you want to calibrate the volume for L/R channel volume one time only, then the ACP tool is enough.

1 Like

I have been pretty clear.
I want to control L+R Seperately on the App.
On my A50+ and my amp board.

1-The L+R Controls exist on App already (that’s the hard bit done)
2-You just need to enable/code it.

It is possible
It isn’t very difficult.

So please can you do it.

It has taken an inordinate amount of time and a lot of posts.
It would be useful to all users going forward.

You are incorrect when u say it is too complicated for users.

The workbench software is an absolute joke.
Only useful feature is adjusting gains to match different inputs.

I am not very impressed with customer service or this forum to be completely honest with you.

I think you are wasting your time with your custom software change request, you could always add a couple of attenuator’s to your speaker cables to control the levels manually?

1 Like

There are 6 eq settings in the app. Flat, classical, pop, jazz, rock and vocal. (These also correspond to the EQ buttons on the remote.) You could set different relative L and right volume levels for each of these presets.

Save the various setups to one of the EQ presets. You can rename them to make sense.

The new name will show in the app, ie Jazz now becomes R1-10 R2+5. This should allow control of relative volumes from the app as well as overall volume. Pretty strange request so I am not sure it will make it to the app.

I could, not a good solution for this issue but you’re right. I could

Thanks for taking the time to do screenshots and explain. In theory this would sort of work (no fine control of volume though). It’s a very lumpy workaround. don’t think it’s the solution for me.
But thanks again.

Why is everyone saying this is a strange request???

Stereo amplifiers have had balance controls since the 70’s (maybe before).
Every soundcard/amp/dac in the digital domain has a fader for left and right.
THIS IS NOT AN EXOTIC OR UNUSUAL FEATURE.
It is standard issue.

It’s ridiculous to me that the app has got a selector for Left/Right/L+R that is unused and pointless.

But you can’t be bothered to code it to work.

Whoever wrote the app thought there should be L+R volume control.
The web app has got this feature.

Are you not able to do something this simple? Have you not got anyone coding?
Don’t you want to add a simple useful feature to give your customers more options for using the product?

What if my board or A50 ran a 2 way speaker and bass/treble levels needed adjusting at different volume levels??

Now that would be an unusual and more complicated us of your product.

Loathed to but another unit just be using only one side of each unit.

Thats ridiculous!