Streaming quality in Spotify

Hey there, I am using two arylic up2stream mini with toslink board and one amp 2.0.
In some songs that I know how they sound when I stream over Computer app or wired connection with phone sound a little flat over the arylic. Missing a bit of dynamic.

Is there a way to check if the Arclic streaming devices stream in “High Quality” Mode in spotify premium? Sounds to me like the streaming quality is only set to medium in arylic but I have no way to check it.

Is there a way to change/check it?

Hi Eric,
I think the simple answer is no. You could maybe adjust the equalisation settings in the app, but you will probably have to add a DAC board to improve the sound quality.

Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for your answer. But I think either I dont understand you right or I didnt explain my problem well enough because the second part of your answer makes no sense to me :slight_smile:
In Spotify on my phone app and on computer desktop app I can choose in settings the Audio Quality for streaming over wifi, mobile network and download.
I can Choose: automatic, low, normal, high, very high.
In Arylic 4Stream Software or on DSP Tool for amp2.0 I have no option to choose the streaming quality that arylic uses to stream.

You mentioned DAC and Equalizer. Well obviously I use a DAC already because I cannot hear digital, human ear only can hear analoge :slight_smile:
My main speakers are powered by two hypex fusion 123 amps and fittingly crossed, EQed and corrected to my room. But I dont understand what this helps with the little slurpy playback from arylic.
Like I said, it sounds like it does not stream in “very high” quality setting. Because when I hook my computer up with the spotify app running on it, it sounds better. More dynamic in complex music, almost no music compression slurping.

1 Like

Hi Eric,
The digital to analogue conversation within the Arylic mini is embedded within one of the integrated circuits and is of average quality. To improve the sound an external (a separate circuit board) DAC needs to be added.
This is also stated within the Arylic documentation, see snip below.

I hope this clarifies a little,
Steve

The highest quality on Spotify is 320kbps. And I’m an audiophile… So I tried Tunelf Spotify Music Converter which helped me get uncompressed Spotify FLAC files and allowed me to change the sample rate and bit rate. Imporatnt to me.

@cc_rain
you know you cannot recreate lossless out of compressed stream?
This helps zero.

@Steve1
my question remains unanswered. I understand what you’re writing, but I just want to know, if arylic streams in “low,medium,high,very high” on spotify. I sounds like medium

Hi i have discovered the same issue.

The streaming quality on Arylic Spotify Connect is worse than on my PC. I first tested this after i got tired in my ears after a day with my Arylic amp4 streaming via Spotify Connect.

So i tried to connect from my PC via bluetooth to hear if there was a difference and it was to my surprise better that Arylic Spotify wifi streaming.

This also got me thinking same this must be due to the streaming quality settings in Arylic Spotify Connect.

To furter test this i did an A/B test in my main system running Spotify connect in Moode Audio and a Topping D10s connected to the Arylic amp via aux inn, and Spotify connect in Arylic.

Again the difference was clear there was something wrong with the sound quality in Spotify Connect in Arylic.

I was planning to build multiroom speakers for a friend but this sound quality issue with Spotify Connect is a dealbreaker for me.

This is really sad as all the other features of this amp shine and its very easy and flexible to use.

Arylic devs please look into this and see if you find fix :pray:

A last question: If its not possible fix this wifi streaming quality issue i am wondering if i can remove the wifi module and reuse only the amp and dsp?

1 Like

Finally one person who understood my/the “problem”.