Since yesterday I have a problem with my speaker groups that I set up in 4Stream App. Normally my setup looks like this:
In the top you see a group of 3 speakers, 2x Up2Stream Mini v3, 1x S10. At the bottom there is one separate speaker, 1x Up2Stream Mini v3.
What happens is that the group spontaneously splits up in separate speakers. So then it looks like this:
All speakers are not separated, there’s nothing left of the group I configured.
Problem & situation
- Of course it is an issue that the group doesn’t stay together, and splits up all by itself.
- On top of that, I found out that if I re-group the speakers as they were, after a while they split up again. In 24 hours, I have had this issue already 5 times.
- The automatic splitting of the speaker-group into separate speakers happens both while streaming and while not streaming music.
Testing & test results
For testing I have minimised my speaker group to just two speakers, both based on a Up2Stream Mini v3. I have tested two scenario’s"
- The Right speaker as Master, so the Left one added being Slave - Result: automatic split of this group within one hour.
- The Left speaker as Master, so the Right one added being Slave - Result: automatic split of this group within one hour.
To make sure it is not a coincidence with these two Up2Stream Mini’s, I set up a 2nd test. Testing exactly the same way as described up here. Unfortunately, with the same results: automatic splitting of the speaker group, independent from which unit is the Master or the Slave.
In my +2 years experience with Arylic products, I have never had this. The only change in my setup I can think of is:
- The last firmware update to 4.6.337862.29
- A router issue (? - I do have a new router since Dec. 26)
- Does anybody have the same experience?
- Anybody found a cause or resolution?