S10 Stuck on system loading

hi, I’ve had an S10 running via LAN, moved house, tried to set it up through wifi but it’s just stuck on fast flashing light (system loading according to the app)

Cant get it to connect to wifi or through LAN now

Had the same problem
Try to reset ( back button 3 times rapid)
And try to reinstall several times and in one of these, this worked.
Updated and is working fine
Just take patience

Hey Victor I’m also having the same issue. I was holding the reset button for a long time, then there were 3 times rapid presses then you will only hear a click to the speaker via aux out and nothing. Still stuck on the loading screen.

@Victor_Stadler can you please tell me the step by step guide on how you unstuck yours? Otherwise it will go straight to the bin. Thanks

Hi Jose,
I assume that you are trying to connect via wifi, can you get it to work plugged into Ethernet?

I was trying to reset but it doesn’t allow me. Also ethernet doesn’t work hence the reset. It just keeps blinking rapidly with white led. I have the assumption that it’s already broken.

Hi Jose,
It could be a poor connection between the main circuit board and the Linkplay board that provides the network connection.
Try removing and reinstalling the Linkplay board, there are pin connectors between the two boards, so just pull it gently to remove it and push it back in again. Then try to connect again.
This is a known problem, so it might work for you :crossed_fingers:
Cheers,
Steve

Do I need to unscrew it to open the board? Are they located at where the rubber feet are?

Sorry I don’t own that particular item, but probably yes under the rubber feet.

Hi Steve I have opened it and re seated the smaller board called link play and still doesn’t allow me to reset. What is the reset method?

Hi,
This is what Arylic suggests:

Failed Connect to WIFI? Solutions below :

1. First Check the light status. If the white light blinking fast, this usually because the bad contact between the WIFI module and bottom board. Now you can try to insert the WIFI module again.
  2. Try to power off and on again.
  3. Try to reset the device, press the power button 3 times entering the reset. Wait for 1-2mins, when the white led blinking slow then you can start to pair WIFI again.
  4. Try to connect by Lan cable, after insert the Lan cable the white light will turn into fixed. Now the device is connected, open the 4stream app to restore to the factory settings. The route is: device settings> speaker info>restore to factory settings. Wait for 1-2mins, when the white light blinking slow you can take off the Lan cable and pair the WIFI again.

If the solutions above are failed, the issue must be hardware defected. Once your device still under the 1 year warranty period, you can send the info below to info@arylic.com, we will arrnage replacement to you.

-Confirm you already tried all solutions above
-Your order number(If you are not buy from our afficial store, please offer the screenshot of your order. Who buy from the reseller or distributor please apply the replacement from your seller.)
-Shipping info for replacement
-Other details if needed"

Thanks for these! Now I’m convinced it’s hardware issue. Bluetooth reset works why can’t WiFi or via ethernet too. I’m over than 1 year guarantee period. Thanks Steve.

No problems, sorry I can’t help any more.

An S10 I purchased back in June would not connect to Wi-Fi; it stays stuck on rapid flashing mode. Neither the 4Stream app nor my router was able to find the S10, even though the router, S10 and phone were all within 2 feet of each other. Cycling power, forcing a Wi-Fi connection (2 rapid button pushes), and a factory reset (3 rapid button pushes) did not help. Phone to Bluetooth does work, as does the AUX input. After contacting Customer Service seeking help, their suggestion was to try the LAN cable, (this also did not work). There next suggestion was to exchange the unit, which I did.

The replacement S10 also would not make a Wi-Fi connection. However, with this unit the results were very erratic in that, while most of the time it would remain in rapid flashing mode, there were times where it would make some progress toward establishing a connection, but ultimately fail. I have five Up2Stream AMPs, all of which work perfectly, so I know it is not me. Searching for a solution, I came across this forum thread, where it is clear that this is a known and common problem with the S10 and suspected to be a connection problem between the Linkplay board and the main board.

I contacted Customer Service again, described the problem and pointing to what was found here on the forum. I also expressed my complete disappointment and lack of faith in the S10; asking for guidance in what to do next since I was kind of “married” to Arylic for my multi-room audio needs. They asked me to run several tests and answer several questions regarding the power supply, LAN and PC connections, all of which proved of no help. Their final request was for me to post all of the information about the S10 network problem on the forum and SOMETIMES the tech team will reply.

Not being impressed with that last bit of help, I did more research on my own. It turns out that Linkplay, which Arylic uses as the basis for its Wi-Fi, is a “white box” solution to Wi-Fi connectivity. This means that others use the same board in their streaming products and with their own control app. One app I found to be similar to Arylic’s 4Stream app is the WiiM Home app from Wiimu Information Technology, but with better Wi-Fi performance. Each app reports Wi-Fi signal strength; WiiM Home reports signal strength in 4 descriptive steps, whereas 4Stream reports signal strength on a scale of 0% to 100%.

After trying WiiM Home, I was finally able to connect to the S10. Initially, the reported signal strength 2 feet from the router was “Very Weak”. 4Stream was not able to make a connection at all until after I restarted the S10. Now, WiiM Home reported “Very Good” signal strength and 4Stream reports 100% at the router.

The next test I did was to take the S10 and one of the Up2Stream AMPs to a different room about 25’ away. WiiM Home established a connection with the S10 with a reported signal strength of “Very Weak”. 4Stream could not find the S10 at all. In contrast, the Up2Stream AMP reported “Excellent” and 100% signal strength by each app. For reference, a Wi-Fi Analyzer app shows the signal strength at that location as -41 dBm, which is a pretty good signal.

From these tests, I conclude that the WiiM Home app is superior to the 4Stream app in finding and establishing a Wi-Fi connection. I will speculate that the two apps have different thresholds needed to establish a Wi-Fi connection. It also appears that the sensitivity of the S10 is inferior to the Up2Stream AMP, but this might be due to the Up2Stream AMP using an external antenna where the S10 only has an internal antenna.

To resolve the antenna question, I changed the Up2Stream AMP’s antenna to an internal patch antenna (I have the amp mounted inside a plastic box with a battery pack), and repeated the test. Using the patch antenna, the Up2Stream AMP now reported “Very Good” and 57% by each app. From this, I can conclude that having an external antenna goes a long way toward a reliable Wi-Fi connection, but that the enclosure material can also affect the signal strength.

In conclusion, the source of S10 Wi-Fi performance issues is due to two primary causes. The first is Arylic’s 4Stream app is inferior to other apps such as WiiM Home in that it seems to require greater signal strength for Wi-Fi operation. If you are having connection problems, try using the WiiM Home app, which can be downloaded free from the Google Play Store (it is probably available for the Iphone also).

The other primary cause of poor Wi-Fi performance is due to its physical design, which uses an internal antenna mounted within a metal box and no provision for external antennas. This shields the unit from the Wi-Fi signal, resulting in greatly reduced signal strength. Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do about this problem except return it. One can hope Arylic redesigns an otherwise excellent unit that fits basic wireless music streamer needs that other manufactures have failed to fill.