S10 as an external DAC for PC

Hi all.
The manuals for S10 and for Up2stream Pro V3, upon which S10 is based, clearly state that they can work as USB DAC devices, when connected to PC USB port.

I’ve tried to plug S10 to my Windows 10 laptop, it does power on, but no Audio or any other device appear in the device manager.
Is there any way to set the device up as PC output device?

Thanks

@bshtein welcome to the forum. It’s a very friendly place :slight_smile:

I don’t have an S10 but do have a PRO V3. Never tried that so will be interested in results. I will have a go this weekend and report back.

Kind Regards, Kevin

Hi,
Using my windows 10 laptop with the S10 directly connected by usb, it picked it up under ‘Sound, Video and Game’ controllers as ‘Up2Stream USB Audio’ and gives control as a speaker through Amazon Music for instance on Laptop with the volume output controllable.
You could use the Phone App to make sure its switched to USB DAC.

Best Wishes

I’m sure it’s supported, after you connect the device to PC with the USB cable, windows should switch to this USB audio device automatically.

• please make sure the cable you used does support the data wires.
  • Another point might affect, please make sure the firmware is the latest.
  • Please make sure the board inside S10 is PROV3, you can verify this with the web management page if you’ve upgraded to the latest firmware. Or use this api, http://device_ip/httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx, and check the field project in the response json. It’s supposed to be UP2STREAM_PRO_V3

Hallo. Can l connect the S10 to an external dac?

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum.
The S10 isn’t equipped with a digital out feature, so no you cannot use an external DAC without modifications.
The S10 uses the same board as the DIY PRO board so internally it does have both i2s and SPDIF out features.

Can l open It? Is It Easy to find the point where to connect,?

I don’t own a S10, but would guess that there are some screws, maybe hidden under feet on the base?
You can find out about connections here: Wifi Stereo Receiver For DIY Speaker | Multi zone Control-Arylic.com
And go to the ‘download’ section and download the ‘PRO’ board instruction manual.
https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/1/0072/6899/1049/files/Up2stream_Pro_V3_Manual-en.pdf.pdf?v=1592389705

Thanks for answering, yes l have seen photos of the internal lay out, there Is a connection Place, but l Need the exact plug. Those computer like funny rectangular plugs.!!!

Hi Joe, for DIY, you better use Up2Stream PRO board, it’s the same with board inside S10. And with the silk print on PCB, you could identify the PINs easily.

I have bought the S10 . Its in the post !!! Which pins??? Will l identify them easily?

The image below is shown on the Arylic website, it shows the bottom (underside) of the board.
For SPDIF (digital) use the SPDIF and GND and for I2s use the MCLK, IIS DATA, BCLK, LRCK and GND.
The connectors are JST PH 2.0mm

Many thanks. I Will try Just a separated connector, they are so distant, spdif and ground.