Radio-URL to Preset not working

Hey guys!

I am currently listening to a custom URL (Internetradio) via TuneIn in the 4Stream App, but i am not able to save this to the presets.

My app shows “No Music Selected” but the playback works perfectly fine, even though there seems to be no meta data.
When i try to add this to one of my preset buttons the device states “failed to add to presets”.

Is there any way to add a custom URL to my preset buttons and if so how do i get this to work?

Thanks for your time!

Hello @ack257,

Check this link, I have written some useful info on the subject!

Thanks for the Link, but i was hoping for a easier way to set these things up. unfortunately i don’t understand that much written in the other post.
Isn’t this just an easy fixable firmware-thing?

Hi, we’re working on a WEB based personal radio, You can edit the content in browser and saved on server.
And you also can choose to share it with others, still working on it and would be released in recent weeks.

1 Like

Hi @zpl1025,

Thank you for your efforts, there would be one more important thing: if could browse and manage all playlist formats (pls, m3u, etc.) through the web interface, it would be unnecessary to use your own IPTV server to share playlist files…

It’s designed to support radio links with http/https protocols, the pls/m3u might be working thought. And regarding the server to hold the user links, it’s meant to share the same content on different devices while using the same user. And also for user to share with others.

@zpl1025
Do not fully understand. Unfortunately the 4stream app does not handle playlist formats (it is not visible when browsing the file, only audio type files), so it is not possible to open a playlist through this, and the web interface has no file browsing capabilities at all, it only handles urls, but it can’t save them to device presets. This should be improved (as well as the very slow file browsing behavior of 4stream, which I don’t experience with similar apps (e.g. iEast).

Isn’t there any other easy way to save an URL to play via preset buttons?
The playback itself works just fine… it’s just about saving it to presets

Hi @ack257,

Unfortunately, you can’t save a stream to presets at the moment (TuneIn, vTuner) - or make yourself an UPnP server from some old router that can publish playlist files on your local network, so it’s possible to save a stream that’s opened in a preset.

Hello Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out because I’ve encountered an issue with my device, and I’m hoping to get some assistance from the community.

I own a S10 WiFi Music Streamer, and I use it in my cafe to play a private stream radio (my own online radio solution which streams depend from time of the day). The device has a feature to save presets, allowing me to easily play my preferred stations with the press of a button on the remote. However, I’m facing a problem with this feature when it comes to custom URL streams.

Here’s the problem:

1. I can manually play my private stream radio with no issues.
  2. However, after rebooting the device, the preset buttons for custom URL streams don’t seem to work. The presets work perfectly fine with standard stations like TuneIn.

This is causing inconvenience for my staff, who find it easier to press a preset button rather than navigating through an app, especially after a device reboot.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or solutions that the community might have regarding this issue. If there’s a way to make the device remember the custom URL stream and play it after each reboot, that would be ideal.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi, you could try out the Radio in the internal web page. You could just access it with the IP address of the device. And from there, you could set up your own radio links, and could mark it as private if you wish, so others won’t see it.

And from there, you could add it to preset, it should work.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It works now!

Tell me please can I set up automatic playing of my radio when I switching on the device and then music start playing without any presets. Is it possible? Thanks for your help in advance!