Perpetual but random "ticking" noise from B50

I am hearing a ticking noise after using my B50 for a few months. It doesn’t matter what input on the TV I’m using. I thought it was interference from my antenna, so I unplugged the power supply from it. I am still hearing this “ticking” noise. It happens every few seconds when there is audio coming from the speakers. It did not start doing this until a few weeks ago. It is getting to be quite annoying, and I’m not sure if the B50 is already failing or if something else is going on. It will get louder or softer based on the audio volume, but it does not matter if I’m airplaying, playing video games, or using another app on the TV, the ticking is the same for all. The issue does not seem to occur when using bluetooth, so it seems to be doing it only for ARC connection as far as I know.

I have the B50 for a few days. It is connected to a Samsung smart monitor via HDMI. Only sound is transmittet via HDMI ARC. Image signal and sound come from the monitor (intern via Smart TV) or via USB-C from a PC.

Since HDMI ARC has been activated, I have been hearing a constant cracking noise, especially from the left speaker. The more more sound is played, the more crackingnoise. And it is very annoying!

Firmware is up to date, otherwise only power and speakers are connected.

Ideas or solutions? Broken device?

1 Like

Glad I’m not alone. I’m also hearing intermittent crackling over HDMI arc to my LG C9 using an Nvidia shield as media output. Did you ever find a solution or an alternative? Thanks.

They’re all doing this right now. Not sure what to do about it as we haven’t heard anything about it yet. Hoping for a new update.

1 Like