My Arylic Build

As builds shared in this forum go, mine is pretty basic. I live in an old house with rooms enclosed by walls as opposed to the open-concept house popular today. Before I discovered Arylic’s products, I had meters and meters of speaker wire feeding speakers in 3 different rooms, connected to my pre-WiFi audio system and controlled with a 4-way Radio Shack switch. I upgraded to a new WiFi audio receiver and put 3 Arylic amps in the 3 rooms, each connected to the existing speakers that were already there. I have an A30 in the dining room, an A30+ in the living room, and an A50+ in the family room, each bought at separate times as I proved the workability of the system. My WiFi consists of a NetGear Router and a hard-wired NetGear Accesspoint (to provide complete coverage), both broadcasting the same SSID and both able to manage the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. I love that the wires are all gone and that I can turn on or off and control the volume in any room separately or together.

Everything works mostly seamlessly using the 4Stream App. I can play all my digitized music from any PC or mobile device in the house (I use Media Monkey 5), or any web music service, and cast it to any Arylic device, individually or all of them in sinq. The only issue I have is with my WiFi audio/video receiver. It is a Denon AVR-S540BT, and it does not work very well with the Arylic system or the 4Stream App. I have been able to get it to cast whatever it is playing to the Arylic devices, but it is not seamless. Sometimes it works, but most of the time, it does not. The 4Stream App seems to see each of the bands on the receiver (CD, DVD, Video, Tuner, etc) as songs, and most of the time, it cannot figure out which of the bands is being used.

If there is any functionality that I would like to see added to the 4Streem App, it is the ability to work better with my audio receiver. For example, we would like to be able to listen to FM radio and have it broadcast all over the house, but that is currently not feasible since the app is so inconsistent in being able to recognize the receiver. It can see it alright and recognizes all the various bands, but most of the time, it cannot lock onto the band that is actually producing output. Overall though, I am very happy with the way the system is working, and if there is a need to expand into other rooms, I will definitely add more Arylic devices.

1 Like