Mobile Streaming Box with Up2Stream 2.1

I have built myself a little 9L ported subwoofer box
with a random 6" subwoofer. (spoiler: this one died after the first rave^^)

I took two old flat-TV speakers for the upper frequencies.

looking quite nice so far…

structure painting…

delivery day…
Power supply is MeanWell LRS-150-24

bring into position…

voltage looks good…

grab some cables…

tuning…
the two little 2 ohm speakers were too loud and too much midrange…

optional battery pack - lasting for a long evening at moderate volume.

well ventilated…

very handy…

but the first mission at full volume for some hours didn’t end well - rattling sound from the sub…
opening this box was a pain in the a…

burn motherfucker… burn!

20210802_170638~2

ordered an Omnes Audio SW 6.01…

the coil seems more powerful to me…

20210807_065027~2

glued and screwed…

looking better than before…

double checking…

wish me luck… :grinning:

2 Likes

After new year party the tweeters smelled very toasted… but I was lucky to have another pair of the little smart tv speakers.

In ACP Workbench I raised the limit frequency for the tweeters to 1800 Hz hoping that they live longer now.

The difficult thing was to get more midrange out of the woofer instead. I tried it with a high shelv filter for the woofer at 700 Hz. I found no ohter way to set a better crossover frequency between sub and tweeter. Maybe someone knows?

Last but not least I decided to add nice grills to the membranes for protection.

1 Like

Great work, thanks for the sharing. I dont’ have the clever hand to craft, but glad to see various projects. Have fun :slight_smile:

The box is still playing very fine. After doing this modification I was able to set the crossover frequency to 2200Hz:

Using ACP Workbench I set up a "save"profile with a DRC working as a limiter. Switching to that profile I don’t have to worry about people raising up the volume too hard.

Finally I added a status LED to the front.

1 Like

Here’s another arylic up2stream2.1 boombox with a smaller subwoofer (omnes audio SW 5.01)
This time the battery and charging circuit is included in the box. External power supply 24V, 6,25A.

1 Like