Live music output?

So, I have a winery with a stage. The winery is set up with acrylic boards and I was wondering if I could get another to connect to a P.A. System and broadcast throughout my winery. Would this be the line out option on the 4STREAM app?

Cool idea. I think this could be done depending on your setup but I imagine there would be a bit of delay from what is happening on stage to you’re remote speakers. I think for anyone to answer this with any clarity they would need to know more about your setup and the gear you are using. But I don’t see why you couldn’t send a mix from your stage audio mixer to say the s10 preamp using the rca in terminals and then streaming that mix to your remote speakers. Being a live sound guy for 20 years this is a pretty nerve racking idea and prone to problems but it is still a cool idea. For live sound situations there is still nothing better than tried and true hard wired connections.

Thanks, I had the same thought about the delay as well. It would just be used inside away from the stage where any delay shouldn’t be noticed. Thanks for the suggestion on the s10!

If you go that route and try it please post how it worked out. I would be interested to know. That would be super awesome for quick setup of overflow rooms or somewhere where there is an existing wifi network but cabling would be a pain.

1 Like

@Nolan_Roddick1 @Jzad I can’t help thinking that the app (mobile device) is better utilised as a “Control Point”. For the Renderers/Sinks I would stay stick to the Hardware Options, Preamps, DIY Boards and wires :slightly_smiling_face:

From experience I would consider throwing in PRO DIY board and having this as the input to your PA. Hard wired Ethernet if possible would make the system more reliable.

1 Like

@Nolan_Roddick1 @NWT.Stuff I assumed Nolan was asking the functionality of the line out source mode on the app but more importantly how to stream content from an output of his mixer. Of course he would need the hardware at both ends. Technically he would be sending a mix out of his audio desk to the line in of the preamp. And then using the preamp to send the line in content to his other devices perhaps mini v3’s or whatever Arylic receivers or amps he utilizes in his setup. And it would most certainly be more reliable to hardwire through Ethernet or standard speaker wire but I also assumed he wanted it to be wireless.

2 Likes

Exactly right! You’re on it Jason. Thanks for your help. I’m going to give it a shot and I’ll definitely let you know how it works.

2 Likes