Line Out on Up2Stream Mini: how much mV ?

As a kind of industry standard, Line levels for audio source equipment (e.g. Tape, CD) are 0.316 volt.

Question
What is the voltage value for Line on the Up2Stream Mini?

Hi,

I was wondering is there a particular reason you need to know this?

I’m planning on rebuilding my outdoor system after I finish my current build, it has a mini inside. I can measure then if you can wait?

@Steve1

Thanks for your response Steve!

My question is coming from this …
I have an Up2Stream Mini connected to an active speaker (with built in amp). But if I connect a standard CD-player to the active speaker, the sound level coming through is a bit louder than the sound level coming from the Up2Stream Mini.

Therefor I wonder if the LINE Out of the Up2Stream Mini is less that the standard Line levels of other audio source equipment.

Hi Ernst,

Ok, got you. That’s a question that Arylic should be able to answer easily, but if you can wait, I will measure.

I don’t have a true RMS multimeter but can measure peak with the meter or scope and do a pretty close RMS voltage with *0.7 peak.

Hi again Ernst,
I ran a a sine wave tone to the mini and measured the output on a scope, the result was 1.1Vpp which is .3889V rms.
Cheers,
Steve

If test with 0dB sine wave file, and no EQ, no limitor activated, the DAC would output with about 1Vrms level.

1 Like

@zpl1025
Thanks Frank!