Ideas; powered speakers

I have an idea for a powered stereo speaker set, but I am not sure if I can acheive the goals…
I am thinking a pair of MTM’s preferrably closed cabinet for sound clarity, that will hit 100Hz, coupled with two subs that can be used as stands for the speakers.
The input will mainly be WiFi casting and line in from a HDMI switch.

My first thought was using the Arylic 2.1 Amp (one for each side), or one AMP in the MTM’s and one SUB AMP in iach woofer… but then I started thinking how to syncronize volume controls etc, when using line in?
Would the two sides be synked, so if I select input on one, the other will follow? could I have one “master” speaker with input selector and LED, and the other without? Would I need to set all up through the APP every time?
Suddenly I had more questions than answers…

Would a better solution be a PRO V3, and wire that to other amplifiers without any connectivity?

All ideas or clarifications appreciated…

RogerT

Hello Roger,
From what i have experienced, you are right to check the Pro option.
Linking all he deviced in a group will add delay. They’ll all be sync’ed but you’ll have major lag between your image and your sound. Tho that would not be an issue with WiFi Casting just music…
I would go the same as you : Pro to get the analog or digital In, then split an analog out right and left to each AMP 2.1 proerly configured in ACP for your Tweeter, pair of mediums and Sub out.

Although i’m now thinking… would you really need the Pro as a caster to the Amps ?

• when casting music via a nas or Wifi, you don’t really care about the delay. then the 2 Amp2.1 can be used as a group.
  • when using the analog in for TV, just split your analog from your HDMI switch directly to each amp, not grouped… you’ll need to ajust the volume on each… which is not ideal…

Thanks Pierrot… thinking somewhat the same…
Maybe build a “connection box” with the PRO and the HDMI switch , and hide it, and use more “stupid” line-in-only amplifiers… This way only the PRO vould be visible in the app, and no adjustments would need to be carried out more than once…

ARYLIC: free product suggestion, a 4:1 HDMI switch, with ARC, connected as an expansion board, and input selection through the app, and via external buttons. With a selectable 2.0, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 otput, one could build a whole surround system…

By the way, I found this product if anyone is interested in HDMI IN for our babies…
Did not tried it… yet…

1 Like

Add this and you’re mostly set :slight_smile: Input Selector 4x I2S Input to 1x I2S Output - Audiophonics

Hi Pierrot,

I’m not sure what you are trying to achieve with this HDMI to I2S module. I guess you want to extract the HDMI audio signal to I2S and feed it to the Up2stream Pro. I have to warn you that this will not work at all for two reasons.
First. The Up2stream Pro does not support I2S input. Only output.
Second. This module has nothing to do with the traditional HDMI protocol like that from tv’s, bluray players and so on. It is pure I2S transmission from one devise to another over an HDMI cable. It’s what PS Audio (and some other brands) use to connect their audio devices.

My advise. Use these cheapo HDMI extractors from Amazon. They will do the job just fine.

Regards

1 Like