How to stream analog audio multi room/multi zone

Sound reasonable.
An I miss several things on the App. Where is the Airplay select? Where the DAC select?
Its allways back to the Master and select the right chanel with the Power button short click-that does it. Cause if I play something , lets say from USB, or from the inbuilt WebRadio,
how do I get back to the DAC Stream over the App? No way-I have to short press the power button and cycle through the modes until i am on DAC again. Inconsistant!
So I prefer my attached RasPi, that does everything how it should be! ANd has Bluetooth (Send and receive) and Airplay too,
So, using the Up2Beat comes for me for 2 things: Amplifier and Multi Room. The rest is crap

1. When you think that playing files from a usb harddrive, receiving Bluetooth, Webradio, Airplay, UPNP/DLNA, Tidal, Deezer, Spotify etc. etc. are crap! Then you are missing the point of these devices.

2. It does only receive Airplay. It doesn’t need to be selected in the app. It will automatically turn on when it’s receiving a signal. When your Pie supports sending Airplay, why not use that?

3. A DAC has nothing to do with usb. It just converts digital audio to analog audio. Whatever digital source is connected.
    It’s alway on. So for what reason do you need a button to select it?

4. The usb ‘soundcard’ is just a neat feature. It’s just meant to use it to configure ACPWorkbench. Yes, it’s maybe a drawback that it doesn’t have a selection in the app to get back to it. Still, you can ask Arylic to add this feature.
    Nein hat mann, ja kann mann kriegen (A NO it is, a YES you can get).

regards

Did that, good advice. The Problem is, the Up2Stream might, just might, get streams from different channels (USB, DAC,Airplay, Line in etc). So, who and how is decided which one to listen to? Shure , a rare situation, but lets say I play Music via RaspBerry or PC via DAC (so use it as a Soundcard) and someone upstairs decided to play something via Bluetooth or Airplay-who is first? Who decides? How to switch back? Should be ME

Your Quoted text seems to be longer then I originally wrote. :rofl:

To awnser your question. The last one that starts to play something, will be switched to.

There are answers added to the quoted text. Thats why its longer.
And you got to the point-Not the last one it should be-it should be MY decision! But that happens rarely, cause mainly I do switch between Chanels. But after I do that, there is no way to go back, (in my case that is the stream via DAC, that is still working in the background but not played).
Then it stayes it that last stream chanel (the last one). And i am not able to switch back to the DAC stream-cause there is no button/switch in the App. I have to go to the Amp and short press Power button until i am back there. That works.
But the people from Arylic agreed to that and they are doing something about it in the Firmware

Old Skool:-
We used to watch TV together and when you went to the toilet someone in the family would change the channel.

New Skool:
We consume media in the same room (or even different rooms) and anyone with a Phone or Tablet in the LAN/WLAN can change the channel, source, output, volume, close the curtains, let the dog out etc. etc. :roll_eyes:

The real question is are we in a better place :slight_smile:

In all seriousness this is possible with network management and user privileges but I would prefer Arylic to concentrate on delivering good quality products with excellent sound & good to reasonable functionality. I can handle who can do what. it’s not their job IMHO. I would just suggest I would prefer them paying someone to improve sound & basic functionality and forget the user privilege security side of things. Many IP camera & smart home device manufacturers concentrate too heavily on their own (or subcontracted) marketing, security, control, apps, web interfaces etc. etc. but forget about the basic product performance.

End of rant :joy:

1 Like