How can you choose other program sources in the web interface?

it doesn’t seem that you can do anything that doesn’t involve the currently playing program. What is I want to listen to something else. Nope, can’t do it. What am I missing?

Hi Vic,
To try and answer your question please advise what ‘web interface’ you are using or trying to use?

Firefox

I have only found Foobar to work on Bluetooth or via USB. Would be great if it worked on wifi. Maybe I’m missing something.

Hi Vic,
You need to install a UPnP DLNA renderer plugin, you find it here, foobar2000: Components Repository - UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point
It will work for you once you install this.
Merry Christmas
Steve

Hi Steve, and Merry Christmas to you as well.

1st, Foobar works fine for accessing my library on the LAN without additional components, but it will not play through the Arylic unless tethered or via bluetooth.

2nd, Media Monkey, which I also use, will cast via wifi to the Arylic. So all good there.

What I’m really wondering is if there is a way to use the connection to the Arylic that shows up in a browser (Firefox/Chrome) via LAN to control more than just the currently playing program. There seems to be no option to choose what to play. None of the program choice options that are in the 4Stream app are available. This is disappointing. Or am I missing something?

Thanks, again

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing after checking out the web interface. It’s nice to see that it exists, but I agree that it would be more helpful if we could select the program from the web interface as well; all I saw was “WiFi” as an option and that would not allow me to choose Spotify for instance. My use-case is being able to control this without needing to use the 4Stream app at all.

Yeah, they completely missed the boat on this. I can think of no reason that the web interface cannot do everything that the app can do. Though in some cases the app does these things poorly, if at all, which is even more disappointing.
I guess we’ll just have to wait until they think their software deserves the same attention that they gave to the hardware.