B50 BP50 Bluetooth to PC.

It is possible to use a computer as a Bluetooth speaker.

I have successfully streamed Bluetooth from my phone to windows 11 and Ubuntu. (Windows needs the Bluetooth Audio Receiver app to enable A2DP sink.)

When I try to connect to the B50 Bluetooth transmitter the connection times out.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 172928

Does anyone know of a way to make this connection work to a PC?

You should connect to BP50, without the -BLE for audio.

Yes, I can confirm this works for the BP50. The -BLE connection likely stands for “Bluetooth Low Energy”, and is usually the type of connection used for small amounts of data and/or control signals. It’s likely that this is what’s used for the GoControl app to connect and control settings on the device.

yes, exactly :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it is possible to stream from the B50 to a computer via Bluetooth?

I am able to stream from computer to the B50 but not in the other direction.

Hi William,
You may need an app to achieve this, try this one:

Sounds good, but this should be a rare use case. Why you want to hear sound from the PC speakers, and the source is an AMP.

Thanks Steve. I use that app to enable A2DP when paired with my phone but for whatever reason it does not enable a connection to the B50 /BP50. Also, I didn’t have luck under Linux which has A2DP enabled by default. If anyone else manages to make this type of connection work I am interested to hear more.

“Sounds good, but this should be a rare use case. Why you want to hear sound from the PC speakers, and the source is an AMP.”

Bluetooth audio streams can be recorded in Windows through WASAPI. This allows for making good quality digital backups of LPs, tapes, TV channels, internet radio and anything else connected through the B50. Any DSP effects present in the B50 get encoded in the Bluetooth stream.