AMP2.1: Method to indicate the 24v power supply is ON when the amp is OFF

Short of using a microcontroller solution, is there a method to indicate the AMP2.1 is receiving power from its 24v power supply when the amp is OFF?

In my setup I extended the amp’s LEDs, buttons, and IR RX as the amp is hidden. As part of my setup I have a 2nd LED I am using as a Status, indicate the amp is ON. I did this by using #1-PIN (3.3v) & #2-PIN (ground) from the 9-PIN connector.

Two issues:

1. Having a 2nd LED ON in line of sight of the TV, usually in 2 different colours, is distracting
  2. When the amp is OFF, the 9-PIN connector is still feeding 3.3v and ground resulting in the Status LED staying ON when the amp is OFF

I think I would rather the Status LED only illuminate when the amp is powered but is OFF. I would use this as a reminder to turn off the power supply to save energy when not being used.

No response so I guess not…

Hi,
So you want a LED to illuminate when the power supply is active? If so, wire the LED to the supply side of the power switch.

1 Like

I wanted the LED to turn ON when the power supply is ON but turn OFF when the amp is ON.

It doesn’t matter now as I’ve completed the install.

Thanks anyway!