Amazon HD/UHD on HD Dac.

Hi all,
I have just noticed that there is reference to Amazon HD/UHD music in the interface.
If you select “Amazon Music” then scroll down there is a “settings” tab.
When selected a check box shows that you can select HD/UHD.
I have tried this and all it seems to do it to then skip every track and play nothing.
I am subscribed to Amazon correctly. Does anyone have this working or know what it is meant to do?
Again…an up to date F/W log would be very helpful indeed.
M

Nobody?

Hi,
I checked after the Update to 4.6.509530 that occurred today and its still the sameffect as your seeing only picks up Amazon Music but Not Amazon UHD Music

Hello,
When will Amazon UHD work? It’s already planned, otherwise the switch wouldn’t be there.
I bought the H50 specifically and am now a bit disappointed.
Is there perhaps a beta version I could test?

greeting
Hans

Hi Hans,

I think they have just given up on this. This board uses a different Linkplay module from most other products and I suspect they have had relatively poor sales of this unit so have just lost interest.
It is very annoying as Amazon UHD is why I, like you, bought the board in the first place.
It would be great to hear different Frank?
M

Update,
I posted a question on the Chat service.
The question was very direct so as to avoid any confusion. It was.
Q. Is this unit ever going to play Amazon UHD?
Note that I said “Ever”.
The answer was;
A. SORRY, now we do not support it.

So take what you want from that. It is either never going to support Amazon UHD or it currently doesn’t support UHD. Given that we all know it doesn’t support Amazon UHD I take it that they are not going to support it.

Note that the web page still states “More HD music will be updated and supported in the future.”
Feel free to take it any way you want.
Seems a bit obtuse to me.

M

If that is the case, then I will send the H50 back. :frowning:

I bought the Wiim Amp and everything works perfectly.

Hi Hans,

That is good. Does Amazon HD/UHD play OK? I know that the Wiim app reports data rates; can you see high data rates?
One issue that would affect my system is that you can only have one output at a time. I use optical to drive my DAC and analog to drive my sub. I couldn’t do this with the Wiim.
Good luck and enjoy.
M