Advice for bathroom music system

I’m slowly adding more and more Arylic products to our home and next up is the bathroom. I’m planning to install two waterproof ceiling speakers (https://aquasound.eu/nl/product/twist-spktwist135-w/) in the lowered ceiling.

Ting is, I’m kind of unsure where to place the device that’s going to power these speakers. I want to use the Up2stream Amp V4, but I fear it will short out in a damp environment like the shower. It does have a lowered ceiling, I could put it up there, but then powering the device becomes a problem and I lose access to it, that’s not ideal. Does anyone have experience with setting up ceiling speakers in the shower? I could use some advice.

I’m currently working on a similar project for my parents bathroom. They have an attic where I can place the Amp V4 with a short distance to the bathroom speakers.
I made a little control board using the ADC-Key connection on the board so they can control it with physical buttons. That board will be placed in the bathroom wall.

1 Like

It’s difficult to describe a standard solution however the amp unit should be placed in an area where no water can reach. Behind Plasterboard or in attic seem a good place.

I will want to do this in future so for maintenance purposes I might try to mount in a socket surface box and put a blanking plate over the top. I would seal with silicon and just cut off silicon if I needed to access.