4Stream 'Fail' message - What does it mean?

I have created a setup in a friends house with: 4x Up2Stream Mini and 1x S10, all combined into 1 speaker group.

Everything worked fine for several months, but now I have an issue that the speaker group falls apart. This happens when streaming from TuneIn in the 4Stream App, is being paused (operated from an iPhone 7).

When now trying to setup the speaker group again, the 4Stream App shows a small pop-up that says ‘Fail’. (see picture below, ‘Fail’ message in the middle of the screen)

Does any one know what’s going on and how to solve this?

could try to reboot the device and see if could group again.

@zpl
Thanks Frank, I also asked to user to do this. In the meantime I got feedback; it worked.
All speaker connections have been re-established, including re-establishing the speaker group. There has been no ‘Fail’ message so far.

So it looks like this works again.
I now asked the user to also test that the speaker group does not fall apart anymore. Feedback on that will follow.

Question
Do you have any idea, what the cause might have been for this to occur?

No, it’s a black box for me either.

@zpl1025
Hmm, so this is both annoying and interesting Frank. Let’s try to find out what’s going on!

I have just had another contact with my friend who reported the ‘Fail’ issue. Here’s what I got from that:

• Unplugging all systems from power, and powering it up again (so rebooting), seems to have solved the ‘Fail’ issue in the 4Stream App. So after rebooting he has been able to create the speaker group again. So far positive.

There still is another problem with my friends setup ( 4x Up2Stream Mini v3 and 1x S10, all combined into 1 speaker group)

• When he listens to a radio station via TuneIn (from the 4Stream App), and then ends the stream, the speaker group falls apart.
  • This happens each time when he ends the stream from a radio station in TuneIn in the 4Stream App.
  • It does not happen with his own phone: iPhone 11 Pro.
  • It does happen with 2 other phones: iPhone 7 and iPhone 5S.

Additionally
I also experience speaker group fall apart in my own system (2x Up2Stream Mini v3 in active speakers). I have the feeling it started happening after the latest firmware update, but I am not 100% sure.
I have tested if falling apart of my speaker group can be caused by something. So I tried to reproduce what happens at my friends speaker system, and some other scenarios.

Here’s a few tests I made:

1. Streaming music from a radio station in TuneIn (my iPhone) from within the 4Stream App, and then ending the stream > Result: speaker group stays together.
  2. Streaming music from Spotify (my iPhone), and then ending the stream > Result: speaker group stays together.
  3. Rebooting my router > Result: speaker group falls apart.

Finding
So from my own tests I have seen that when the WiFi signal is gone, the speaker group falls apart. And that, unless that the WiFi signal recovers after a reboot of the router, the speaker group does not regroup.