4Stream App: how to control equalizer for speaker group?

I have two active speakers, both with an integrated Up2Stream Mini v3 module.
These two speakers are configured in 1 group, so they are a stereo-set (see picture below).

Now I would like to control the equalizer settings, but for both speakers. So I go into settings of the first speaker via the ‘gear’ icon. In the next menu list, I choose ‘EQ’.

And in the next window, I simply move the slider to my likings. In this case, bass goes up two steps (see screen below).

So far, it’s easy. But I have now only changed EQ settings for one speaker. In this case it is the Right and main speaker; so when grouping the both, the Left speaker was added to the Right speaker.
But when I access the settings of the Left speaker via the gear icon, I can’t get to the EQ settings. After pressing the gear icon, the screen below is shown. It shows only loudspeaker information and no access to settings like EQ. Sure, this has to do with the fact that grouping speakers makes one speaker ‘Master’ and all others ‘Slave’.

Question

• How can I control EQ settings also for the second/slave speaker?
  • I am looking for a way that I can control EQ settings in an easy way, for all speakers in a group.
1 Like

This annoys me as well. I’d like to know what the eq is actually doing. I haven’t measured yet but when speakers are paired like this does it change the overall eq of the grouped set or just the master? I tuned the “voicing” of all the speakers in my setup through ACP which gives me a pretty good balance and even tonality amongst the speakers in my setup but it would be nice to be able eq the individual devices through the app. I always assumed when changing the eq of a grouped set in the app it functioned as overall system eq and was applied to all devices. I can’t confirm this because I haven’t run a measurement mic on it. The functionality of these products and their relationship to Linkplay and the development process interests me. The app and wifi modules were developed by Linkplay which makes me wonder how much development influence Arylic-Rakoit has in updates to the software end.

Agree @Jzad .

I also would like to understand more what happens in the background, how this works.
Also I noticed that when setting Bass to the maximum, there is an increase of the Bass, but not as much as one would expect.

@zpl1025
Can you or someone of your team shed a light on this?

Hi Ernst,

The BASS is a low shelf filter with f0=200Hz , and TREB is a high shelf filter with f0 5KHz, and MID is a peaking filter with F0=1KHz. All have range -10dB to 10dB and Q=0.7.
But because it applied the gain on the digital signal, and which can’t exceed 0dB. so when you set max volume (0dB), there’s no room for the positive gain, that would be reason for effects not so audible.

And regarding adjusting the TREB/BASS on master device, it is able to sync the settings to slave, but because someone else used this mode for different room, and they prefer to have different settings for different room, so it’s not activated. you could enable it via the API set extended by Arylic. You could send this message: MCU+PAS+RAKOIT:VOS:1& to device with the uart passthrough test tool. When enabled, change the voluem/treb/bass settings on master, will also sync to slave.

2 Likes

Thanks Frank, that clarifies a lot!
:pray:t2: