Terms & Rules
The providers (“we”, “us”, “our”) of the service provided by this web site (“Service”) are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 16 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are at this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service (“Content”) may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You may not access the Service through automated or programmatic means (such as through a content scraper) without prior permission from us.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
The Arylic forum rules set out below are considered part of these terms.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Primary forum rules
- must not submit libellous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive Content about any individual or company**.**
- must not submit swear words in such a way as to circumvent the Arylic Forum.
- must not submit any images or text which are pornographic or violent or otherwise inappropriate.
- must not promote websites which contain inappropriate material (such as pornography) or which are in competition with Arylic Forum.
- must not submit promotional information about any illegal activities (such as piracy). We will not permit people to use the forum to distribute files which are pirated or aid in the production of pirated material.
- must not submit any spam. People posting spam will be instantly and permanently banned, their posts will be deleted.
- members who own, operate, represent or who are affiliated with a commercial enterprise or competing website must not submit messages which reference that organisation in any way, which includes promotion of and providing support for that organisation.
- must not create their new threads in more than one forum. (Doing so is called cross-posting). You should pick the single most appropriate forum for your message. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
- must not use URL shorteners. Shortening URLs is not permitted on Arylic Forum because it does not allow moderators to easily check that posted URLs are appropriate.
- must not abuse the post ratings system. Either by soliciting positive ratings either in posts or by private conversations (positive ratings must be earned legitimately) or by using ratings inappropriately to antagonise members.
- must not question the judgments or actions of forum moderators. They are far too busy to enter into discussions or arguments. If you want to dispute a moderator’s decision, more details are given below.
when creating an account
- must not have avatars or signatures which contain the branding, names, details or contact information for any commercial enterprise which they own, represent or are affiliated with, or any website competing with Arylic Forum .
- must not have an inappropriate login name. We do not permit a login name which breaks any of the rules or which references a business, service or product.
- must not register more than once. Doing so may get one or both registrations and all the posts deleted.
- must not re-register once banned. A ban from Arylic Forum means you are no longer welcome to use our website. Re-registering will lead to a permanent ban of the new account and a complaint to your ISP.
- must not use animated avatars. Since avatars are displayed often in the forum, a constant animation will likely be distracting/irritating.
We find that the vast majority of forum members have no problem with the above rules. However, if any of them are broken, then moderators will take appropriate action to ensure the forums remain a pleasant place to visit.
Disputes with moderators
If any forum member feels they would like to dispute a moderator’s decision, first contact the moderator who made the decision at issue, or another moderator within that forum if the original moderator is unavailable. Politely explain why you disagree and request that they review their decision. If after their review, you are still unhappy, and the issue is important, you may escalate the issue by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional and more detailed rules and guidelines
New members may find the following guidelines useful. They are here to help you make the most of Arylic Forum.
- Login names must not be offensive. Additionally, if you use a login name which is considered to be too similar to an existing user’s login name (to the extent that it would cause confusion) then we reserve the right to change your login name. Login names must not include business names.
- If there is a dispute over the use of avatars, the user who first used an avatar has the option of retaining it and the new user of the avatar will have to select an alternative. We reserve the right to remove people’s avatars as we see fit.
- Please make sure your email address is kept up-to-date. If your email address cannot be access anymore and change to use a new email address, please remember to update your profile with your new email address. In addition, if you install a spam filer, please specifically allow our emails through. We regularly send out messages to forum members and if an email sent to you bounces back for any reason, we may deactivate your registration.
When submitting Content
- Search for existing answers in the forum before posting a new question. You may find an answer much more quickly if you use the search function.
- Post questions once only . Even if you think it is relevant in several forums, you should pick the most relevant and post it there. Your question will be seen by lots of people wherever you post it. Duplicate posts swamp the forum and will most likely get deleted.
- Please do not post text in ALL UPPER CASE. The internet community considers this to be SHOUTING and therefore discourteous.
- Please avoid using txt speak. There is plenty of capacity for creating eloquent, correctly punctuated posts. Txt speak will not get a good response from forum members.
- Threats of suicide. We believe that advice to people contemplating suicide should only be given by people suitably trained to do so. We suggest anyone feeling suicidal should contact an organisation in your country which can give appropriate advice. Threats of suicide either explicit or implicit made in the forum will likely result in the message being removed.
Right of Reply
Organisations have a right to reply to criticism on Arylic Forum, but they must do this without making any self promotion.