Trouble adding SPDIF IN add-on Board

Hey folks - just wondering if anyone out there has had success adding a SPDIF IN add-on board to their UpStream PRO. I have a version 3 board. The optical source does not show in the available sources.

I’ve switched the SPDIF direction setting in ACWorkBench (flashed and confirmed setting has been saved), removed the speak from 4Stream, re-added and restored factory settings. I have also tested the SPDIF IN board with my amp 2.0 board and works fine there, can select and play music to it.

There must be something simple I’m missing but I can’t figure it out. I’ve been working with Ayrlic support (and they’ve been super helpful in troubleshooting) but just wondering if someone else has used this addon board and can provide the steps they took when installing.

Thanks!

Hi @Rob_McCarthy , thanks for the feedback! We already fixed the bug.
You can update to 4.2.9326.27 to fix the bugs!

Updated the firmware and the optical source is now available - thanks so much for getting this resolved for me Joy!

1 Like

thanks Joy, is it also possible to add an extra ( yellow) led for the spdif (input) board somewhere on the V3pro board?

Hi @riba, There’s no extra LED on PRO board for the SPDIF IN, but you still are able to assign the LED PIN in ACPWorkbench for the input, and then connect that PIN to an external LED instead.

Hi Zpl, thanks. Which one to assign for OPT led? GPIO1 or 2, Key or TX? and then to led and 3,3V i guess.
Hope hearing, Rik

You can assign any pin to drive the led,please check in acpworkbench, and you would find it more comprehensive.
Btw, the led pin driving logic is tie to GND to light on, and set float to light off. So the LED need to connect to VCC and driving pin.

Just ran a test with the new optical source now available. Still running into trouble but will troubleshoot more tonight. Optical cable connected, and optical source selected (confirmed in ACWorkBench that it was still set to SPDIF IN, did a factory reset and confirmed as well to be on safe side). Played audio source to optical cable and then added another zone to group with the UpstreamPro, which was the master in the grouping. Did not get any audio output to the speakers connected to the additional zone. Maybe this is not a setup that will work. Will continue troubleshooting and post back any findings.

So, does the optical in work fine in standalone mode? And, while grouped with a slave device, does master device which connected with optical in have sound output?

Just so i’m clear, are we talking about using the optical in as a source and have the UpstreamPro use the line out to the amp? Would you consider that standalone mode?

So far I’ve only tested the UpstreamPro in Master of a group, and the Upstream is not physically connected to an amp. I pulled in an Amp 2.0 zone with speakers attached expecting to hear audio in that zone.

It doesnt work with mine up2stream pro V3. What am i doing wrong?
in ACP > effects > spdif IN in the Tab audio module: S/PDIF: RX-V and SPDIF-INO, i cannot change it in SPDIF-IN1 and ofcourse i connected an optical out device and latest .27 software. But still not optical in the 4stream app

Try doing a factory reset for that device in 4Stream. This is one step I did after changing the direction in ACWorkBench. I was provided this step from Arylic support.

I’m curious if you get this to work as well. I’m still not getting any audio output even though I have the optical setting and can select it in 4Stream - either with the pro v3 direct connected to an amp via line out, or by grouping with another amp 2.0 and having the pro v3 be the master.

I feel there are still a few bugs to work out with this setup.

1 Like

Thanks Rob, Maybe its because standard the I2S output is selected as on. now you use the spdif input selected it might conflict with that. so try to set i2s off.

1 Like

I’ve checked with the Up2Stream PRO V3 and SPDIF IN board, it works fine for playing alone (listen from Up2Stream PRO V3 board directly), and also grouped with other devices as master.
Please try to locate the problem seperately. First confirm the Up2Stream PRO V3 can accept the SPDIF signal and have sound out, listen from it’s AUX output. And then check grouped in multiroom as master. Can compare with other input source.

its getting frustrating now meanwhile. I did the factory reset on the V3pro board in ACP and in 4stream. There is no detection of the spdif board (input) in the 4stream app with the remote control. The volume board still doesnt work at all. The latest firmware is 27.
What could be wrong… Can you please come with a good solution?
that would be great.

Please try to follow these steps:
1, factory reset on ACPWorkbench
2, config the SPDIF pin to input and save to device
3, factory reset on APP, and connect the device to network (or use ethernet)
4, while the device found on APP, it should have extra input method Optical
5, connect the SPDIF IN board (make sure the board is input, you should find silkprint on board)
6, select Optical on APP, and the green LED should blink
7, feed some optical signal to the board and the green LED should become constant
8, check the AUX output.

I am really struggling making SPDIF working…

Having enabled SPDIF input from ACPWorkbench, flashed several times and also followed all steps above. Everything seems correct - but still no sound out.

One detail is that I am not able to disable I2S0 as proposed above - the tickbox is locked.

Another open question: For SPDIF input I am able to switch between _IN0 and _IN1? Is this referring to Optical and RCA input respectively?? (Both input are currently connected)

The actual setup:

• Up2stream Mini V3
  • SPDIF In Board
  • Button Board
  • IR Remote Control

I had to add a Tag to my Pro V3 using the ACP Software. I added the tag SRC:OPT, once I did this the SPDIF Input started working and the Green input light stopped flashing.

I got the tag information I added from this article on the forums, Latest API documents and UART protocols - #3 by zpl1025.

I hope this helps.

Jarrod

You don’t need to change anything on the first tab (Audio Module), but just check the 2nd tab (Audio Effect).
And you should find the PIN function configuration in the bottom. It’s a list for selection.
And what Jarrod mentioned is to switch the mode to optical, since you have the remote control, you can press the OPT button directly.

Hmm… This is exactly what I have already done. I am able to play from BT as well as USB and I can chose among the sources sending tags or directly from the remote. Everything seems fine - but no sound with SPDIF input. Have even tested with several different sources and optical as well as RCA input.

Settings are below: