When I play music through Spotify (on my iPhone), I like to use the Spotify equalizer.
Recently I noticed that the equalizer is not available. It normally is accessible through ‘Play’ ('Afspelen in Dutch).
So I checked some things and found out:
- Some of the items in the list under Settings ‘grey-out’ when Spotify is connected to an Up2Stream device (in my case S10’s or Up2Stream Mini’s). Also see the picture, the last 4 items are geryed-out: Play, Explicit content, Social, Audio quality.
- When I disconnect from the Up2Stream S10/Mini and play on my iPhone, they are all available again.
- Also I found out that when connected to an Up2Stream product; when a playlist ends, Spotify does not use it’s function to play suggested songs after that any more. (Based on their logarithm that checks your music playing behavior)
- Has it always been like this, or did this change with the latest firmware?
- Is there work around to use the Spotify equalizer when connected to an Up2Stream product?
Example of greyed-out items in Spotify settings: