Review on Up2Stream HD DAC

I don’t share your opinion, the important part of making music sound is reproduction as accurately as possible, excluding your own manipulation techniques, and designing audio equipment and a listening room that comes as close as possible to the ideal. Continuous twisting and turning only diverts attention from the original sound image, creates bad listening habits and nerves, and builds a wrong sound memory.

I Respect your way, but I’m not in accord with this “Perfection” 'cause it’s a convection of “Ideal Purity” of Sound along the whole chain, which simply “doesn’t exist” in this world.

It’s known that almost all successful Singers or Groups, master their works by listening them with cheap Smarphones and low quality inears earphones. 'cause these are the components that the most of customers 'll use.

Therefore, their reproduction in Quality Sources will upset the initial mastering and must necessarily be corrected,on pain of bad acoustic performance
“Absolute Purity” is an “Ideology” not a “Reality”
(as the Audio Expert well explains in the article).

Anyway no problem…I wish you to follow Your Way with Satisfaction and Excellent Listening.

Buona Vita, Zitev…:wave:t2: :rainbow:

Perfection cannot be achieved, but it must be approached - this is the essence of hi-fi. If a piece of music has been mastered for iPhone headphones, it won’t sound worse on a balanced device, but a linear sound image is destroyed by artificial intervention with eq, subsequent dynamics processing, or a low-quality, acoustically inadequate audio chain.

I can’t really see this is going anywhere, Maurizio is entitled to his opinion, and if he wishes to fiddle around with a plethora of little knobs and buttons to try to achieve his “perfection” well so be it…

satis dictum

It won’t sound worse…!? :thinking:

Completely unbalanced with innatural emphasis or smoothness in the entire Spectrum Range…!!!
Isn’t my idea …is what are telling “Mastering Masters” that produce all Musicians, an you can find by yourself a lot of examples in all Audio Web Contents…(if you want)

Every Hi-Fi piece has it’s own “Sound Signature” and every piece is coupled with other Pieces with own Musical Sound.
Thus the same song , without any DSP or EQ:
Played by different “Chains” ''ve a Very different sound.
Payed in different rooms, change again.
Played with different Sources 've a different Sound.
Played with different supports 've a different sound.
Played with different Speakers or Headphones 've a different sound.
And …also when we’re in different mood we hear different sounds…!!! (Psichoacoustic)

So … which of the almost infinite types would be the “Original Sound Type” which is, as you say… The Essence of Hi-fi …? :thinking:

DSP & EQ are just a type of intervention to modify the overall “Sound Signature” obtained by the whole Acoustic Chain, like all those previously mentioned yet.
Low cost products can introduce just a little more distortion, which for how are setted istening rooms of 99% of non-professional “Music Lovers” is absolutely negligible compared to the other factors mentioned yet.
And not alls Music Lovers are of Rockefeller Family…!

So for my side, good listening to everyone according to their “Sound Signature”.
For you it’s what you are getting, since it’s the only one that suits you.
(The End)

1 Like

You are right, everyone does what they want. I will keep my opinion to myself from now on…

1 Like

Hi Frank,

Are you willing to give an insight in the extra circuit needed for the coax?
Is the digitsal in option indeed always connecting both toslink and coax? If yes, then of course one should never connect both entrances at the same time.

Greetings.

Mi a baj a Behringer Eq-val?

@Bxx777 several things, but I don’t want to start a flame…

For board HDDAC, the optical and coaxial has each input.