Hiss problem A50+

@Fruehbel I suspect that they are trying to remedy this static noise by turning on the final stage noise canceler - even if this can be eliminated, it will only worsen the overall picture - but I am curious to see what results you will get!.. I wish you good luck!

Ok ACPWorkbench was not helpful. I was able to connect but I was not able to reduce the noise issues. I’m now in contact with the Arylic support who asked me to send them some videos.

I found out that there are at least 3 versions for the A50+ using different amplifier chipsets.

Project ID Chipsets
ARYLIC_A50S STA326
ARYLIC_A50TE ES9023 + TPA3116
ARYLIC_A50N NTP8835

So it seems as you have the ES9023 + TPA3116 variant @zitev, I have the NTP8835 one. Which one do you have @Morris @TheInflicted ? Maybe the NTP8835 is worse than others?

Edit:
Ok sorry I just saw that you already mentioned to have the TPA3116 version @Morris. So my theory is just wrong…

Hi,
I have a ARYLIC_A50N it’s about one month old. terrible hiss! no matter the selected input. when pausing Spotify or Tunein the hiss dissapears after a few seconds. I guess this is the amp turning off? I’ve read some people using ACPworkbench, but that doesn’t work for me either. Can’t seem to find the settings regarding noise gate, are there any settings i can tweak there, or not?

Hey @Tim_Gijsels , Arylic support wrote me yesterday that this is the normal behavior for this amp and that there is nothing I can do. So I will use my 30 day return right and exchange it with a Denon AVR with Heos for the smart features…

I have only used Pro v3 and mini boards with separate DAC boards so cannot comment on the units with inbuilt amplifier chips.
IMHO Arylic gear is definitely not suitable for critical music listening, from my experience the boards that I have are perfectly suited for background ambient music or for parties, entertaining etc.
The noise floor of the boards is very low and is of no consequence to me in the application that they are used.
As mentioned above, the class D chips or mediocre design is probably the source of the hiss.
A third party supplies Arylic with the Linkplay boards, I have read some pretty ordinary reviews on them.

Hi Steve, good you mention the Linkplay board. You are right, this isn’t high end, yet the hissing shouldn’t be this loud. I’ve stumbled upon Arilyc via Linkplay after reverse engineering a Stereoboomm MR300. This is a low-end BT/multiroom, with battery and Amp. Uses a Linkplay A31 V2 (not sure about the version). Anyway, No hissing of this order in that device. In addition to the A50+ i use a S10 (this has a Linkplay board) combined with an old Yamaha AV receiver. Guess what? No hiss at all, only when you pauze the output and cranck the Amp up the nearly max.

Hi Tim,
Much the same with my experiences with the DIY boards, the hiss with the integrated units must be something to do with input selection or amplification.

Can someone confirm this problem doesnt’ exist in the A30 Amp models?