B50 not resuming ARC

Anyone experiencing intermittent crackling audio over HDMI ARC but not other inputs? Did fw v52 fix this issue?

Having this exact issue on my BP50 via ARC. Noticeable crackling and dropped audio. Hopefully fixed in a firmware update. I’d love for the firmware versions to be available on the website as well. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @zpl1025 :smile:

I also have a BP50 and can confirm I’m seeing the same issue. TV is a Vizio M601d-A3R, and supports CEC. I have tested it separately with a Pulse-Eight CEC adapter and it works well to turn TV on and off. The Vizio TV has a menu under “System → CEC → Device Discovery” which detects the BP50 when CEC devices are scanned.

Tried the long-press using the BP50 remote ARC button to disable standby mode, but this appears to not work either. The BP50 still goes into standby when the TV turns off, and does not turn on when TV is turned back on. Also tried checking the “ARC standby” switch was off in the GoControl app (toggled it again and retested just to be sure). Same result each time no matter the setting.

My BP50 is running this firmware version from the factory: 52-8456a6b7-8 (as shown in GoControl app)

Hope a firmware update can fix the issue!

2024-01-31 Update

I’ve updated the BP50 firmware to the latest version released today: 56-0bf6cc3e-8
Firmware update was successful, and this new version is listed in the iOS GoControl app when connecting to the device.

However, unfortunately the update has not solved the issues with HDMI ARC (details here).